𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 20

♫ There are just inches in between us
I want you to give in ♫

Grace Bauer POV

I watched as Alexandra left the back office in the garage. I knew something fishy was going on, she obviously has a crush on Toto, she is always watching him and as soon as I stepped inside the garage on my first day she has been giving me some looks I don't appreciate. Since the relationship got official she has been avoiding any place where I am. I prepared to go into the back office and as our paths collided she just looked down and pretended I wasn't there.

"Can I come in?" I ask opening a bit of the door to be able to hear his response.

"Of course. Come in" He answers and I get in to find him seating on his chair, clearly made for his height. He was obviously a bit uneasy but he tried to play it off.

"Did she flirt with you? It took her long enough" I say standing in front of him, his look immediately goes from the floor to my face.

"Did you put her up for this? I almost fired her, I thought it was real Grace" He seemed angry but relieved and I shake my head.

"Don't put this on me. I didn't do anything. Whatever she did wasn't my thing. I just noticed how she looked at you and she obviously tried something. She is very attractive, I wouldn't blame you if you caved" I say leaning on his desk and his eyes watched every move I made. I crossed my legs and partially sat on the desk, his eyes watched my thighs and his posture straightened up.

"You knew she would do this? Jesus. I don't pay attention to those things, you should've told me. I can't be caught like this, I need to be able to control the people who work with me and for me. I didn't cave, I am not weak" He says a bit frustrated and I smile.

"She is gorgeous. I wouldn't blame you but I think you have very good self-control. You wouldn't do that in your place of work" I say shrugging. I wasn't worried, yet.

"She is nothing compared to you. I wouldn't be stupid enough to do something with a co-worker, much less with a relationship announced. I am loyal, I won't let that ruin my image. You are hard to resist, with her I didn't even have to try. I was already rejecting her as soon as the words came out of her mouth" He says with such indifference that I don't think he knows how much it meant that he said that.

"You think I am prettier and sexier than her?" I ask curiously.

"I know you are. I have had you enough times to know very few could even compare to the standard you've gotten me used to" He says calmly and I don't think he really knows the effect his words have on me. It's like he doesn't even notice, it's so effortless that I want him to notice by himself.

"I should leave. I just wanted to see how we were" I say uncrossing my legs and preparing to leave when he stands up from the chair.

"I won't leave you hanging. We are in a relationship until Abu Dhabi, whatever you do after that is not my problem. But right now, it is. And the same goes for me. I am your problem and it's not good for someone to think they can just throw themselves at me because you don't care" He says getting closer and I swallow nervously. Shit. How does he have this effect on me?

"I am not rude to people. This isn't a competition" I say defending myself from his point of view. It isn't a problem that I should solve, it will solve itself.

"Everything is a competition. You are winning, act like it. I do the same with Felix" He says before giving me a quick kiss.

"This is not the same" I retort back and he laughs.

"It's exactly the same darling. Give me your hand now and watch carefully" He says smugly. I give him my hand and he intertwines it with his hand. He leaves the office and stops by where James and Mike were. "I will be at the motorhome, we have to eat something before the next practice, call me if anything is needed"

"Don't worry about it" James says and I notice how they both watched our hands closely.

"Do you think that is enough for people not to hit you up?" I ask as we walked to the motorhome.

"Isn't it?" He asks looking at me and I laugh.

"It really isn't"

We took our food and chose a table for two and sat down to eat. He told me about some things that I don't really understand because I am not an engineer. But I just nodded, some of them I kind of understood so it's better than nothing I guess.

When we finished lunch we went to the outside area, he wanted a coffee and I wanted to get some air. I saw Alexandra there with a few other members of her department and I knew what had to be done. I don't like being underestimated and ran over.

"Baby" I call as I brought him his cafe and he looks up at me, taking his sunglasses off completely confused at the newfound nickname.

"Yeah?" He asks confusedly as I put down his coffee.

"Can I sit on your lap? My legs are hurting a bit" I ask knowing everyone was looking, especially her.

"Be my guest" He says taking the phone out of his pocket and his wallet. I sit on his lap and his arm surrounds my waist so I wouldn't fall. I am so glad they decided to take the chairs for their little meeting because now she is watching me with him, as she should.

"Is this what will keep her away?" He whispers in my ear and I nod.

"Kind of. But this will seal the deal" I say right before kissing him.

A long and passionate kiss. Typical of a couple in love. No tongues or anything because we have some class. But he liked it as much as I did and she hated it as much as she should. And this should be enough.