𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 13

♫ Don't run, no, don't hide
Been running from it for the longest time ♫

Toto Wolff POV

Seeing her in such a state left me fuming that he installed such a reaction in her, she feared him and she cried just because she saw him. She won't be like this forever, I will make him see that he is just an asshole in a suit. Either here or in Austria, he has nothing on me. I kissed her because I wanted to make something clear. She is not his. 

"I am going to get burned" She whispers as we ended the kiss, a very good one must I say.

"Darling, he won't even touch your hair, I won't let you get burned. This is between him and me now" I whisper back and compose myself while preparing to enter the motorhome

"Grace? Fucking Hell. I looked for you everywhere baby" I hear a male voice and I knew it was him, before he even got closer I made her take a step back.

"And you are?" I ask uninterested and he seems taken aback.

"Her husband, Felix Aigner" He says giving me his hand to shake.

"Oh, the ex. The abusive one. Makes sense. I am Toto Wolff" I say not shaking his hand but I could feel her hand grabbing mine tighter. I look at her and she shakes her head.

"Poor Grace, playing the abused wife once again. I loved you, I gave you everything. Now you are with someone even older. Congratulations, what is he? An engineer?" He asks bitterly and looks at her, I put my body in front of hers and he is obliged to look up to face me. What a little guy, does she even have a type?

"Don't you dare lay your eyes on her. I am Mercedes' team principal and CEO. You should leave, I don't care what you have to say, she is with me now. If you try to do anything to even touch her I will destroy you and I can do it easily" I threaten and he seemed surprised.

"The older the guy the more money he has. You are really good at choosing them" He says bitterly.

"Feeling jealous? You've been replaced, move on. She sure did" I say before turning my back on him and taking her inside the motorhome.

"If he gets to me I am dead" She says pushing me off and starting to walk faster, I grab her wrist and bring her to my office.

"Listen to me, he won't touch you, trust me on that, he is not as powerful as you think he is. I will protect you, stop being like that, you are usually so happy and all that, go back to that and to being annoying. I very much prefer it" I say making sure she was looking at me.

"You kissed me in public, people will think we are dating" She says as our eyes lock.

"Let them think, they already thought that. Is it that bad?" I ask as I saw her lips slightly open while she thought of what answer to give.

"You've been avoiding me since last week, do you really think it is a good idea we pretend we are dating?" She asks crossing her arms and I smirk.

"The best way to keep him away is by being with someone else. You can keep your distance, people know I keep my private life private, and that's why you being here every single weekend is coming as a shock. Go with it, keep your distance if you want but we are dating for what all other people care about. We can announce the break up in Abu Dhabi" I say and she rolls her eyes.

"I will make you regret it then" She says giving me a smile and I nod.

"I can see that happening but at least you will be safe" I say taking a step back. We were too close for my own good.

"I am going to eat something" She mutters as she went to the door. 

"I will come to find you before I have to go to the garage. Don't leave the motorhome" I say while she opened the door, she gave me a thumbs up and left.

We went back to the garage to watch the qualifying. I got to the garage and Lewis headed straight for me.

"All these things about not dating her and you are dating her" He says letting out a laugh.

"The car is waiting for you" I say avoiding any answer to the subject. I went to my chair to watch the qualifying, leaning on the pole behind me when I see Grace coming closer.

"Comfortable" She says as she inserts herself between my legs and leans back on my body for support, resting her head on my chest.

"I'm glad to know someone is comfortable" I mutter and she looks back with an innocent look but she knows what she is doing, half of the garage is looking at us.

"Did you say something love?" She asks with a smirk and I nod angrily.

"Nothing baby. I'm glad you are clearly comfortable, I could find you a chair though"

"No need to, I like this more" She says and I put my arm around her waist. 

It ended but it wasn't as good as expected but it is what it is, Valtteri got third and that is good. Valtteri and Lewis saw us and tilt their heads with a smile, she straightens up and takes a step away from me.

"That looked cozy, you didn't need to stop it" Valtteri says teasingly.

"An hour is enough" She says calmly and looks at me while I got up from the chair and straighten my shirt.

"Loved the pic of you two, I didn't expect you to have your relationship announced like that" Lewis says trying to get some gossip but she laughs.

"You know how your boss is, he is always so unexpected" She says looking at me pleased and I try not to roll my eyes at her.

I congratulated Valtteri and we saw some of the data after they had their interviews before we started to head out to the parking lot to go home. We were halfway there when I see Felix showing up. 

"Man, you were great. I can't wait to see both of you tomorrow" He says interrupting our talk. My hand reaches for Grace who wasn't that far away, I looked at her discreetly and she was fine, she seemed confident, and she just held my hand and nodded.

"Thank you. I'm glad you are enjoying," Lewis stops but I keep going.

"See you tomorrow" I say while we headed off without them and they both knew something was off.

We got home and I followed my usual routine. I took a shower and went to the kitchen to eat something but she was already there.

"Thank you" She says as I sat in front of her.

"Don't thank me, I'm using a lot of my self-control to not destroy him in my place of work. I just would really like to know what he has done to you. I feel like I'm at a disadvantage here" I say while she finished setting up our plates.

"That would be fair. I will tell you after dinner with some alcohol for courage" She says giving me a weak smile and I nod.