𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 36

♪ When you're near me
I feel like I'm standing with an army of men
Armed with weapon ♪

Toto Wolff POV

Having Grace back on the paddock felt good, I think I got used to this and not having her here felt like there was an empty space in the garage. Even living alone has been hard, I got used to her company, and having her around is different. We left the paddock and had dinner in our hotel room so no one could bother us.

We watched a movie or tried to because we fell asleep halfway. I fall asleep so easily with her in my arms, I wish I never had to live away from her but our relationship started a bit backwards so these are the consequences. Saturday came and we headed to the track after having a quick breakfast.

"I thought you were single if we are being honest," Lewis says as the team meeting ends and George seems curious.

"But you are single, right?" He asks confusedly.

"His wife is right there," Lewis says as he points to Grace who was on her phone, she saw us and smiled before quickly hanging up.

"Lewis! It's so good to see you again. Did you think you had gotten rid of me?" Grace says excitedly as she hugs Lewis.

"I thought this dumbass would've gotten rid of you, he ignored the topic like he was still in denial. I was about to give him the number to my therapist." Lewis says as they laugh.

"You must be George. I am Grace," she says as she smiles at George who nods.

"It's nice to meet you," George says happily as he shakes her hand.

"I would say to get used to seeing her around the garage but I am not so sure anymore. Only her man can confirm it." Lewis is obviously teasing me and I just roll my eyes.

"George, this is my girlfriend. It will be common for her to be at the garage, if you can't find me she will probably pinpoint my location better than most of the team. That is all I am going to say about my personal life Lewis, deal with it. Go warm up for the practice and I will meet you in the garage." I answer with a monotonous tone.

"Wow, am I your girlfriend? That's so romantic. When is our 1-year anniversary? I like celebrating those cheesy stuff."

Now Grace is the one teasing me and I grab her waist and pull her closer.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend darling? We can use the date we announced it publicly, we have been together since then." I ask as take the hair that is partially covering her face and I put it behind her ear gently.

"How can I say no? Of course. Let's be boyfriend and girlfriend, for real." She was obviously happy and I was pleased, she is mine either way.

"How will we do this? You have a company to run in Austria, I have a job that makes me travel around the world for most of the year." I was nervous to talk about this but we had to.

"If we are on the same page I would like to travel with you. I ran the company on the road last year and it's doing very well. I like this, I like being here. And I love you, I want to be with you. I also miss living with you and having someone to share a bed with." She suggests as she bites her lower lip nervously.

"And I would never go against that because I don't like sleeping alone anymore and I hate living alone," I say as I feel instant relief by her words, we are definitely on the same page.

I gave her a kiss before offering my hand to her and we went to watch the practice. Red Bull is strong and the statistics from our car are not competing with it. Ferrari is actually closer to competing with Red Bull, I can't see us having the winner car once again.

When qualifying came it almost confirmed what we thought. Lewis was 5th with both Ferrari and Red Bull cars in front of him. It's a reality we were ready to face. Red Bull was competitive last year and they will be competitive this year too.

"I thought you were single. I didn't see her during the testings and rumors were going around. I have to congratulate for still being with you." Christian says as he was close to the media pen and I roll my eyes.

"I say the same about your wife, I don't know how she can still deal with you, it must be a real nightmare." I answer as I turn to talk to him.

"I am glad you have someone, she makes you smile more than those trophies ever could, and that is a lot to say. Is it going to be serious or are you still running from commitments?" He obviously is here more as a friend than a rival so I laugh.

"She is great and she is here so that's all that matters to me." I was being honest. I am not scared of committing now, I am scared of losing her.

"Bring her to have dinner in London. Geri wants to meet her so badly, I can't even listen to her rambling about it every time someone mentions you. Just come." He says before he follows Max Verstappen as he leaves the media pen. I will think about it, or not.

"Oh no. I can't believe I lost my chance to make a joke about your name being Christian too. Why does my dad only call in such bad moments?" She says as she comes back and I laugh.

"You have all year to make that joke. Is everything okay back home?" I ask as I put my hand on her waist and she nods.

"He is just jealous he can't be here and he has work to do." She says as she laughs and I do too.