𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

♪ Push you back against the wall, I grab your neck
You push me to the side and throw me on the bed ♪   

Grace Bauer POV

This whole thing of protection is because of me. I was married for a year and just divorced him. A lot of abuse happened so my dad wanted to make sure I wasn't killed because he threatened to do it if I signed the papers which I did. I am now crying in a nightclub in Barcelona because I remembered things I shouldn't. Drinks either make me happy or depressed, there is no in-between.

Now I'm in a state of paranoia because I feel like he is going to find me. I mean, he had the means to do it. I just don't think he has more means than Toto but he has more means than my parents so they are scared and at this moment so am I. I try to disguise my fears with jokes and sarcasm but it only works until I am alone and my phone is burning up with his texts, which happened last night and I was looking at them until Toto showed up.

"I am not in the mood to deal with your grumpiness so I would ask you to leave. Come find me when it's time to leave" I say picking up my glass and drinking the rest of the whiskey as a shot because I wanted him to disappear honestly.

"I know you were crying, if you don't tell me then I will have to call your parents and they can help you with whatever you need" He says picking up his phone, I take it and put it down on the table in front of us.

"Don't do that" I say leaning back and thinking of what I could say.

"I know you are here because of your father's bad business choices but I'm sure that if you miss them you can travel there to see them. I can find a way" He says clearly trying to make me feel better. Is that what my parents told him?

"I don't miss them, they call me every day. I am just feeling down, and that happens when someone has feelings" I know I am being snappy but my bad mood and sarcasm are clearly my coping mechanisms.

"Well, you can talk to me. I am a good listener most of the time" He says leaning back too and it was fairly relaxed, he was tense in the last few weeks. Was it sexual tension or just him being mad about what happened in Italy and Bahrain?

"I am not here because of my dad's business. I am here because my incredibly abusive ex-husband told me he would kill me and make me regret the day I signed the divorce papers. He has been doing everything at his power to scare me. He sent letters to their house and that's how they found out. This is it, you should know what or who you are protecting me from" I say without even looking at him, I was just looking forward and trying not to cry.

"Is he still threatening you? Is there something I can do to make you feel safer?" He asks after a few seconds and I look at him surprised.

"Why do you care about me now?" I ask focused on him and he just shrugs.

"You are annoying and stubborn. But I guess people get attached to you, you are all sunshine and happiness on some days. And darkness and moodiness on the next. You've grown on me and I would blame myself if that piece of shit got to you. And I don't want you crying because of him" He says calmly and I am shocked because it was true. Nothing about him pointed at him lying.

"So you finally admit you like me. I should've come to you when I cried for the first time weeks ago then" I say letting out a laugh.

"Can I help in anything?"

"Not really. I'm crying because last night he texted me and I guess I felt the pressure now that I stopped to think about it, I am fine. I will go downstairs, drink a lot, and dance with everyone minus their boss because he doesn't like me. Can you believe it?" I say turning my tone to sarcasm and he laughs as I got up.

"How about we are in peace just for today? Let that be. Come with me, let's have fun" He says getting up too and holding my wrist while taking me downstairs. I felt the eyes on us but I couldn't be less bothered.

"So, if I cry you turn into a good person?" I ask when he gave me a drink.

"I feel compassion and empathy. I've been dealing with you for almost 3 months. I can't really unattach myself from someone I spend every day with" He says nonchalantly and I roll my eyes.

I had fun for the next two hours and I was dancing with Lewis and Valtteri.

"The boss is coming" Lewis says taking a few steps away from me.

"What?" I ask confusedly turning around and I hit someone's chest, I feel an arm holding my waist and preventing me to hit the floor. I look up and I see Toto whose eyes were focused on me.

"You should be careful" He says taking his arm off once I was secure and taking a step back.

"You too, I just turned around" I say turning my back on him.

"I am going back to the hotel, it's 4 AM" He says and I nod, putting on my jacket.

"See you in Monaco guys" I say quickly hugging Lewis and Valtteri. Angela had left already.

"Have a good night" Valtteri says happily. Douchebag.

I went to the hotel with Toto, and there we were with rooms side by side because it's safer. I opened the door and I was going to get in when I felt his hand on my wrist.

"Don't tell me you want me to say good night, you don't care that much" I say as I turned myself around to look at him.

"Are you drunk?" He asks seriously and I am officially confused.

"Just tipsy, definitely not drunk" I say still confused by the question.

"Great then" He says taking a step further and kissing me.

HE KISSED ME! I am in shock and heaven at the same time. How did this happen?