𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 27

♬ Head in my hands, cold coffee on the table
Wish you the best, I would if I was able ♬

Toto Wolff POV

As time went by I could feel Grace pulling away. I knew the end was near, I just wasn't prepared for her to start pulling away weeks before. I think the pictures from her birthday also reminded her of things that were obviously better in the past. She has gone back to sleeping in a different room, she has been more quiet and she is working a lot more on her laptop.

We are now in Abu Dhabi. The championship is at a stall, either Max or Lewis will win it. Never has it felt this nerve-wracking and all I could think about is her. Is she pulling out because she wants it to be easier to let go in 3 days?

"Is everything okay? You seem out of yourself" Valtteri says as I just got out of an interview.

"I am fine" I answer a bit coldly, there is nothing I could say to him.

"You and Grace have been weird, what is that about?" Lewis asks confusedly.

"Don't worry about that, that's on me. Just worry about the race, no more stress is necessary" I say knowing damn well they would tell me not to let her go.

"No! You are not seriously thinking of really ending it as soon as the Grand Prix ends" Angela says as we walked to the garage after the interviews we just did.

"I won't comment on that but it has come the deadline we had established. You see how she has been, she doesn't care so why should I care?" I try to sound indifferent but I don't think it's working.

"She doesn't seem all right though. She was crying yesterday when you all went to the press conferences. She asked me not to tell you anything, I thought it was something about her ex, it never crossed my mind that you two would actually break up in 2 days" Angela says worriedly and I stop in my tracks.

"She was crying yesterday? You should've told me!" I say dumbfounded by the information that she just sprung on me.

"Do you care? Because if you do then you certainly should not be letting her go on Sunday" Angela warns me and I nod.

"I care but I have to let her go, this wouldn't work out. Ever. I care as a friend and I don't want her to be sad. It will be ending on Monday not on Sunday but I can still care about her as I would care about any of you, she is my friend." I try to defend myself and the silence was loud enough. Until I saw Angela looking directly behind me. I feel like Grace is here and heard it.

"Hello again! Can we move on from this now? I want to see Lewis win his 8th title before I go" She says ignoring the elephant in the room and I nod.

"I would very much like to see that too" I say returning to the walk we were doing.

"I will do my best" Lewis gives her a smile and she smiles back.

We arrived at the garage and I followed her to my office in the back. I closed the door and crossed my arms as I watched her as she sat there and did nothing.

"What is happening? Can we just talk about it please?" I implore as she looks up at me as she sat in my personalized chair. Someone with my height needs a chair made to his height but she has taken the reigns on that lately.

"Is there anything to talk about? I don't really think so, we fucked around and we are friends. That's it. I will go back home on Monday after I've celebrated the victory with Lewis" She says nonchalantly and I shake my head.

"You know I said we were just friends because then I would have to listen to them on how I had to keep you here. I know this wouldn't work, I am not fooling myself but I also think we deserve a good farewell" I say as I walk in her direction.

"We are not saying our goodbyes, that is on Monday. Can you not overthink it? Focus on your job, that is stressful enough" She says as I sat in front of her.

"Grace, you knew I couldn't give you a common relationship. I won't be a father at this age , obviously, and I have too much of a stressful job for me to be married to anyone" I say as she nodded repeatedly.

"I didn't ask for anything. I am asking for this to be over on Monday like it was planned all along. You are too old to be a dad and too stubborn to be a husband. Whatever there was between us was started by me and will be ended by both of us, mutually. Is that enough? Do you need to hear something more?" She leans back on the chair and I shake my head.

"We can end this conversation on Monday. Can you just keep me company, please? I kind of need it" I see the surprise on her face as she looked for any sign of a lie in my words.

"Yeah, why not?" She says as she got up and followed me outside.

We ate something and watched the second practice together. People were whispering about a possible breakup between us and I was honestly hating it. Why are people so much into other's people business and personal life? This will never make sense to me.

I sat down to watch the second practice of the weekend. I put my hands in her waist and pulled her close, she leaned back against me and just stayed there. I felt calm again, I felt some relax and relief by having her close to me again. Monday won't be an easy task, but it's necessary.