𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 33

♪ When you say you love me
No, I love you more ♪

Grace Bauer POV

We woke up the next day and decided to just eat something since it was late and we got on the flight to Austria. We arrived there and Toto gave me my old phone. I looked at it and I saw the infinite messages on the blocked screen. This will be hard.

We went to the police station, the lawyer met us there and my parents too, which made it all worse. This won't be good.

"We would like to submit various complains for domestic violence. Physical and verbal abuse, criminal sexual conduct, and attempted murder" The lawyer says confidently and the officer seemed surprised.

"May I ask what evidence will you be providing?" He asks as he walked us to a meeting room.

"We have messages and audio recordings of him confessing to the crimes. The ex husband of the victim is the offender and he has been harassing and terrorizing her by sending her pictures and videos he took of the assaults he committed. He confesses to them and shows pride" The lawyer says as he looks at the phone in my hand.

"Is there any other charge you might want to add to your complaint?" The officer asks and I stop to think.

"Murder" I say and everyone gasps, I feel Toto's hand tensing as he held onto my free hand.

"You seem to be very much alive" The officer says confusedly.

"I was pregnant last year, he found out and killed the baby on purpose. He didn't want me to gain weight or to have my body destroyed, he said it would be a nuisance so on my birthday he pushed me down the stairs of our home. I was seen in the hospital, I was unconscious so he told them I fell. I was scared so I agreed to it once I woke up. I left him after that. This year he sent me pictures of me on the bottom of the stairs and gloated about the life he took. That counts as murder right?"

"It does. We will start the paperwork right now"

The tension in the room was palpable and I heard a sob coming from behind me, I knew it was my mom. I never told anyone, I had no courage to do that. I sat down with the lawyer and we filled everything, he helped me word things correctly. I gave them the phone as evidence.

"Here are the hospital reports from last year. The doctor suspected something was wrong but he told me he couldn't call the police unless I asked him to, he didn't want to endanger me so he put it as an accident. If you talk to him I think he will remember everything" I say as I take the folder from my purse.

We left soon after, I knew Toto must've done a copy from everything on my old phone because anything can happen to that phone and the case would be a bust. I could still get him on the murder of my unborn child.

I got to my parents house for dinner and the silence was still present. We sat down with our takeout food and I cleaned my throat before trying to speak.

"I am sorry for not speaking about it before but it is something really hard for me to speak of and I thought it wouldn't make a difference" I say as the three of them look at me.

"You don't need to talk about it. I am just shocked and hurt by the monster he was, we should've noticed. We should've been there for you and protected you. How could we not be there for such horrifying moments?" My mom says as her eyes get teary again and I give him a comforting smile as I hold her hands in mine.

"He changed the day we got married, I didn't know he was like this so there was no way anyone could've known. That is done and I am trying to make sure he doesn't get to me ever again" I say confidently and she smiles.

"I love you baby. Just eat something, you must be hungry" She says as she takes her hands away and I put the food on my plate and start eating.

"So, weren't you coming alone today? Why is Toto here?" My dad had a smirk on his face as he made the question and I tried not to laugh.

"Since he came after her to Abu Dhabi I am pretty sure he will do the same in Austria so I came to make sure she is safe" Toto wasn't lying, I guess he was omitting some parts of the story. Is he ashamed of us being together? Or maybe we aren't officially a couple.

"You are not here to spend Christmas here as my daughter's boyfriend?" Dad insists on the subject and Toto nods.

"I am here as your daugher's boyfriend, about Christmas that is on her to decide if I stay for Christmas and New Year" He says calmly before he takes another bite of his food and I see both of my parents smile and look at each other proudly.

"You can stay if you have the time for it, I don't know how your schedule is but I would like to have you here" We look at each other and he smiles.

"I have some Christmas shopping to do but I will definitely be here for Christmas then" He says happily and I smile.

I am glad that it is official. I love this man, I want him in my life. And now it's out, we are a couple and I like the sound of it. I also know we will have to talk about what he found today because it's something big and I noticed the worry on his face.

We talked for a bit before we decided to just sleep there to be safer, Felix would never come here. And Toto will see my childhood room. Oh well, he would see it eventually.