𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 31

♬ Two burning hearts are dared to break, remember
Nobody said that it would last forever ♬

Grace Bauer POV

Seeing Felix in the mirror wasn't something I was expecting. Only sponsors, team members, or invited guests are allowed in this very restricted party. Toto made sure of it. I closed my eyes to ensure I wasn't making it up but he was there. Looking like the fucking devil in itself.

"Never walk around a man without makeup. Have you learned nothing from me? And that lipstick makes you look like a fucking whore. But you are one. The more money he has, the more you open your fucking legs. But now he isn't here to protect you"

His voice was scary, I've seen him like this once. On my birthday last year. I am not about to roll down some stairs, that is not in my plans. He took a step towards me and I screamed from the top of my lungs before running out of that bathroom, I left everything there but I wasn't about to be killed with no attempt to fight for my life.

As soon as I saw Lewis I ran in his direction. Panic was making it hard to breathe but the fear and adrenaline kept me in survival mode.

"Hey!" He says when he sees me but his smile drops. I must look like I've seen a ghost. "What is happening?"

"Where is Toto? Where is he?" I ask frantically and he looks around, as he does so he points to the bar, where Toto is leaning on as he talks to Mike. I practically ran there, I was looking around to see where he was but it was difficult to see him with so many people here. "Toto!" I call him once I am almost reaching him and he stops his conversation to look for my voice and gives me a smile before it disappears.

"What? What happened?" He asks after he runs to my side.

"Felix! He is here. I saw him in the bathroom. I ran as fast as I could. I am scared" I say as tears finally fill my eyes once he hugs me. I felt safe finally, I could let my body rest.

"Mike, can you get me the head of security for this place?" He asks firmly and I guess Mike left because he stayed there hugging me.

"He is going to kill me, I saw it in his eyes" I say scaredly, he cups my face and makes me look up at his eyes.

"He would have to kill me first. Don't worry about it, I will take care of it" He says before he kisses my lips which calmed me more than I though it would.

The head of security arrived and I was way calmer, Felix couldn't attack me if I was in the middle of so many people. Toto's hand never left mine, he wouldn't budge, if I tried to release it he would look at me and then ignore my attempt.

"I am going to check us in on another hotel because he knows where we are staying. We are going to be in the same room together today and we are going to leave for Austria together tomorrow afternoon. I will take your old phone and we will report him to the police. He will be taken under arrest as soon as he enters the country" He explains calmly and I look at the floor.

"I can't go through a trial. They will destroy me" I am now anxious and I knew this wouldn't go over well.

"I contacted every lawyer in Austria that could help him, now they can't because we've contacted them first. I will arrange for the best team to defend you, I will be there every trial and I will take the stand for you. I am going to make him rot in jail. If he is smart he will plead guilty before a trial even begins" He was so confident so I just nodded.

"I guess that is the only thing that will make him stop. I will ask my dad to come get me at the airport so you don't have to go to Austria too. Just give me the phone and I will take care of it" I say as I feel a bit lighter, he had it all planned. When did he contact all those lawyers?

"I am going. This is not up for debate. The cab is here" He says as he checks his phone and I nod.

We said goodbye to everyone quickly and left. The other hotel was simply luxurious, it was a dream. We arrived at the bedroom and I sat on the bed. I can't believe this is happening. He just had to disappear, it's not hard.

"I can sleep on the couch if it makes you feel better but I am not leaving this room" He says as he starts to unbutton his shirt and I shrug.

"You can sleep on the bed, the distance was for it to be easier for both. It wasn't personal. I just tried to prevent further damages" I say it and I think I said too much.

"Would you stay with me?" He asks out of nowhere, it startled me more than his naked torso.

"What?" I ask still confused by the question.

"If I told you that I love you, would that be enough to make you stay?" He asks and I feel as my heart accelerates on my chest. Oh god, is he being serious?

"If you told me you love me it wouldn't be honest. If you loved me then you would've understood that our ages don't matter. We got along brilliantly well and I don't think I will ever have that with anyone. But I don't want to beg for the things that should be coming next. I don't want to beg for a ring and I don't want you to have a kid you don't like" I say honestly and he nods as he looks at the floor.

"I would love for you to be my wife or mother of my children, but I don't think I would be a great husband or father. You know why I am being so stubborn. It's not because I don't love you, it's because I wouldn't be enough" His words were like daggers in my chest.

"Let's skip to what truly matters. Do you love me Toto?"

My question was tricky, I could either have the confirmation I've wanted for months or my heart will shatter like I expected it to do tomorrow. Letting me go would be a sign that he didn't love me.