𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 37

♪ I love lying next to you
I could do this for eternity
You and me ♪

Grace Bauer POV

I have been following Toto with the team, I feel like I'm at home, they are like family to me. Today is May 8th, we are in Miami to watch the first race on this circuit. I am not the biggest fan of the American Grand Prix but it is what it is. I woke up to an empty bed but it got answered quickly when I saw the breakfast ready on the table and a bouquet of flowers.

"We are feeling romantic today, is this a special occasion?" I ask when I see Toto appearing still in his sleeping shorts.

"I can be romantic. Can't you remember what day is today?" He asks curiously as he leans to give me a quick kiss before sitting in front of me. I looked at the flowers and saw the little cards in them.

"No idea at all," I say honestly as I sip my coffee and he smiles.

"Today is Mother's day in Austria, and some other countries including here," he says and I look at him confused.

"I don't have kids," I definitely find the flowers weird now, does he want to tell me anything?

"You would be by now, just because you lost the baby doesn't mean you aren't a mother to your unborn child," he says calmly and I feel the tears filling my eyes, shit.

"That is very sweet of you, thank you so much," I say as I get up from the chair and sit on his lap so I can hug him.

"You mean the world to me Grace, I just want you to know your worth, I will always try to be my best for you," he whispers as he wraps his arms around me.

"I love you, you mean the world to me too," I say before I kiss him.

Toto is definitely more romantic than I imagined, I mean he is very physical. He always makes sure to hold my hand, to have me in his lap, or to hug me whenever he is not in a conversation. He made me understand that my presence is not a nuisance to him, he makes me feel wanted and important.

I can definitely see my whole future with him, which sometimes is scary because I would like to have his kids. I just don't know if that would be a good thing for him. We went to the track and we separated as we arrived at the garage, I only saw him on lunch very quickly and then I entered the garage closer to race time, he signaled me to follow him and I followed him to the pit wall, where he gave me headphones and the place next to him.

"Time to change it up a bit," I say jokingly and he nods.

"I can't let you get bored. Also, I started hating being here without you," he whispers as he kisses my cheek, I sit down at my place and look around as everyone gets ready to start.

I felt Toto's hand in mine as soon as it started. When it ended I felt his somewhat disappointment, the car isn't it this year. A 5th and 6th place finish is not ideal for a team who just won the constructors' championship. However, he gently grabbed my face and kissed my lips before entering the garage. I left calmly and found Angela there.

"You two are the cutest couple ever," she says happily and I shrug.

"We are in love, that's more than most people can ever say." I say calmly as I watch him and the engineers enter the back room.

"And what about kids? Do you want kids?" She asks curiously, it was a harmless question. Most people like to assume everyone wants to have kids and that's not always the case.

"I would love to have kids, I just don't know if that's something in our future together," I say nervously and she shakes her head.

"That man would give you everything you want, he is crazy about you. He spent 50 years without giving a shit about anyone, he would definitely have kids if you want to."

"He said he would be grateful to have a family with me, but what if he doesn't mean it? I would rather be happy with him, I am afraid to take that risk," I say scaredly and she hugs me.

"People overthink kids a lot, when you have a stable relationship, good income, and a good mental state, you can definitely have a kid. It will be a blessing, as soon as you find yourself pregnant nothing more will matter. Not even half of these problems will cross both of your heads," she says confidently and I nod.

"I will think about having that talk with him, it's still too early maybe," I say more decisive and she smiles.

"That sounds better, there is no reason to be fearful of talking to him about it," she says excitedly.

"Why would you be fearful?" I hear Toto's voice from behind us and I turn quickly.

"We were talking about cars, she feels like she needs to buy a new car. Probably not a Mercedes," Angela spits the words out and I try not to laugh.

"Really? I don't really care. Do you want my card? You can use it, I can make you a copy," he says calmly as he reaches to his pocket for his wallet and I shake my head.

"No, I just wanted to see some cars. Maybe you can help me," I follow the lie and he nods.

"We will go to Monaco on Tuesday and stay there until the next race in Spain, we can see your new car during those days. Is that fine for you darling?" He asks as he smiles and caresses my cheek.

"That is perfect!" I say excitedly. It seems like I am getting a new car now.