𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 39

♫ The only way this is gonna hurt
Is if we got old, and you were the one to go first ♫

Grace Bauer POV

I talked to everyone, danced around, cut the cake, ate the delicious cake and then opened everyone's gifts. Christian was there with Geri, his wife. I love her, she is a sweetheart, we laugh so hard while looking at the man's banters, I swear that we send each other too many memes too.

I thanked every person individually as I opened their gifts and also thanked them for being here. Lewis gave a very expensive bag, very expensive. Valtteri gift was also very nice and we were commenting on it when it all got quiet. I saw Angela and Geri's wide-eyed expression as they looked to something behind me.

I turn to find a kneeled down Toto, with an engagement ring showing in the opened box in his hand, a huge diamond sat in the beautiful ring. I was in shock and I covered my dropped jaw with my shaking hand.

"Grace Bauer, you forcefully entered my life last year. And you were the most annoying person I'd ever met, I know you did it all to annoy me and it worked. Until the annoyance got translated to the right feeling. I fell for you like I've never fell for anyone. I've never loved a woman as deeply as I love you and I've never imagined another future besides my work. Today, I want us to take the next step into the future we have talked about. I want you to be my wife. Will you marry me?"

The words beautifully flew from his mouth and the tears slowing rolled down my cheeks, and it is definitely a joyful cry. It's happening! I am marrying the love of my life.

"Yes! Of course," I say as I have a huge will to throw myself into his arms and I don't doubt that he would catch me but I was mesmerized by every movement he made.

He got up, took the ring gently our of the box and put it on my finger before hugging me and everyone claps as we finally kiss. This is happening! It's real! I'm not dreaming!

"I was not expecting this at all," I whisper to him as he took a step back and he smiles.

"I know, that was the whole point. You like to read people and their body language to know their next move so I had to do everything so you couldn't know my next move, and it worked wonderfully," he says proudly and I chuckle.

"This was not what I was expecting," Lewis says surprisedly when everyone surrounded us to congratulate us and look at the ring.

"You both deserve this," Angela says proudly and I hug her.

"You were our biggest supporters so thank you for dealing with us," I am grateful because I don't know if anyone could've opened Toto's eyes as well as they did, he is a very stubborn man.

"It was worth it, that cranky man needed to be tamed," Angela says as she and Lewis laugh.

"Did you hire a videographer and a photographer?" I ask when I see both cameras.

"I sure did, I want the memory for us to remember later and you want it too," he is proud of himself and he should be, the whole day was a success, I never questioned if this was going to happen.

I always thought I would sense when a proposal was coming and Toto knew I would so he distracted me enough for me not to even have time to think about it. The night still lasted a few more hours before we all went home around 3 AM.

We definitely celebrated our engagement when we got home, we took a quick shower and went to have a good night of sleep, which meant sleeping until we had to eat brunch because we definitely missed breakfast time.

I video called my parents and told them the new as I showed them the ring, they were over the moon, they are desperately wanting a grandchild and this means we are one step closer. I would like to believe that's true.

"Someone wants a grandchild really badly," Toto comments once the call ends.

"Is that something you really want? Or you want it because I want it?" I ask nervously and he chuckles before coming closer and kissing my forehead.

"I want everything with you, especially the kids running around the house. There is nothing I want more besides being the father of your children. Maybe seeing you walk down the aisle would be a close second, it would definitely compete with the first," he says honestly and I smile, I loved those words.

"I want all that too, and you better cry when I walk down the aisle, I won't accept less than that," I warn him seriously and he laughs.

"I will sob darling, don't worry about it. I know how lucky I am, you don't need to remind me.

But he isn't the only one who got lucky. I was married once, to a stupid prick who did nothing but abuse me, I ran from that and ended in his arms. I never felt so protect with anyone else, I swore up and down I didn't need to leave Austria, but I am glad that my dad was more stubborn than me from once.

I would've never met Toto if it was up to me, I went against this decision, with my own reasons to not do it. I am glad I made it my mission to make him angry and it actually bite me back in the ass once I felt attracted to the older man who was annoyed by my presence, so cliché, I know.

Toto turned into the man who proudly walked with me in the street, the man who held my hand through the paddock and actually engaged in some public demonstrations of affection. I was someone he was proud to have by his side, I was no shame and I felt like I could do no wrong on his eyes.

I got lucky when I found the loopholes in his rules and used them to get what I wanted, which was him. I didn't knew it from the beginning but it didn't take long for it to be pretty obvious for everyone around us. This was meant to happen. We were meant to be and I fucking love it.