𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 29

♬ Had too much tonic wine, sometimes it does the talking
Hope you know I wish you all the love you're looking for ♬

Toto Wolff POV

I didn't want to let her go. Everything inside me screamed not to let her go. But I also knew she deserved better. I couldn't give her what she wanted. I am 20 years older than her, I can't be a father now, it's way too late to hop on that train. I am also aware that I can't pursue this without being able to give her that and everything else she might want.

She deserves the world and I would burn this world alive if it meant I could have her. And that is exactly why I will break my fucking heart as many times as I need to. She deserves to be a mom, she deserves to be loved. I love her, I really do. I would make her my wife in a heartbeat but I wouldn't be a good father. I couldn't bear the thought of her possibly having to watch me die 20 years before her. Because I will probably die before her.

I just hope that whoever is lucky enough to have her next will treat her better than the one who had her before me. I hope he treats her as well as I do, I hope he would kill and die for her. She already had one who would kill her, she deserves better.

Saturday was a mirror of yesterday. She ordered room service for dinner so I stayed up all night turning in bed and wondering how much time will it take to get used to sleeping alone again. Because two weeks have gone by and they have been shit.

The time of the race arrived. That should've been the thing I dreaded the most. Will Lewis win his 8th championship or will he lose? We have the constructors championship. However what  I'm dreading the most is tomorrow, when I have to let her go and pretend everything is just fine.

"Oh God" I hear Grace whispering in shock and I finally get out of my thoughts feeling the woman in my arms shaking.

"What?" I ask confusedly as I look up at the screen a lot of people were fixated on.

"He is leading the last lap! Lewis is going to win!" She says excitedly and sure so. He won!

The garage shook in excitement, the screams were almost deafening. We won! We fucking won. She jumped into my arms and I held her, probably for the last time. After that, I ran to the parc fermé where I see Lewis had parked his car in the number 1 position. I hugged him as strongly as I could.

The hours that followed were crazy! A lot of interviews were done, a lot of champagne was spilled, and I was covered in champagne more than three times. The after-party is now on and Mercedes is having a blast. I watched as Grace and Lewis happily spoke at the bar and Angela came to meet me.

"Would you mind if I put myself in your personal life?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Be my guest" I say interested in what she might have to tell me. There is nothing for me to lose here.

"She is a great woman. Really great. But I saw the look on your face. You are saying goodbye to her tomorrow" It sounded like a question but she was more informing me.

"I know she is but look at her. The 20-year difference won't work out, someone has to be realistic here" I finally say it out loud and I could tell she was surprised I was being honest.

"I think she would rather have a man who loves her and is 20 years older than to have a psychopath of her age trying to kill her slowly" She says as her eyes stop on Grace.

"He is out of the picture now. I made sure of it. She is happy to move on with whoever she wants"

"She wants you. The next one might be worse than her ex, have you thought about it? You want her to have everything she wants but you might throw her into a shark. Also, she has the right to make her own decisions on what she deserves, she may not want a kid if she loves you. And you may want a kid if you love her, people can have kids at any age, there is nothing to be fearful of" She says as I see Alexandra coming in our direction, fucking hell.

"It's easier said than done. I won't allow her to make any sacrifices to be able to be with me, I also won't let her raise a kid alone and with my job and age, there is a big risk that would happen" I say and we get quiet once Alexandra arrives.

"I will leave you to it, have fun" Angela says as she leaves our side. Alexandra was now where Angela was.

"You look very lonely, I saw the affection in the garage so I stopped believing the rumors but I am not so sure of it now. The season ends and so does the relationship isn't it?" She says with a somewhat cocky smile and I laugh.

"What makes you think you know something about me or my relationship? Mind your own business because your contract can end faster than the time you take to say your next sentence" I spit back in anger. Why do people make assumptions?

"They look good together, must be the closer age" She says observing Grace and Lewis as they laugh at some joke one of them must've said.

"I will send you the notice in the mail. Have fun looking for a new job for next year, don't say I didn't warn you" I say showing indifference and taking a sip of my drink. This is just pissing me off.

"Jealousy looks good on you, if you need some company tonight just call me. I'm sure you can find my number" She says touching my arm, when I go to take her hand off we hear a voice behind us.

"Stop spitting hate Alexandra and fuck off" Grace says with a serious expression on her face as she looked at Alexandra and her hand, which didn't leave my arm.

"We were just talking" Alexandra says calmly but she looks fearful of what Grace might do next, which I am curious about. She is unpredictable.

Grace got closer and kissed me, leaning her body into mine as I sat in the highchair of the club. I quickly corresponded and wrapped my arms around her, getting rid of Alexandra's hand on the way.

"You can watch, I don't care" Grace says when the kiss ends and her eyes are focused on Alexandra with an intensity capable of making me alerted of a possible argument.

"I don't know what he saw in you" Alexandra mutters angrily as she gets up from her chair and starts walking off.

"The opposite of you" Grace answers confidently.

"Thank you" I whisper as she leaves my body and stands in front of me.

"Welcome" She says as she sits in the chair where Angela and Alexandra had seated before.

Will I survive saying goodbye to her tomorrow?

--------------------

Hello babes!

I just reached 1K followers and I want to start by thanking every single person that follows me and that reads my stories. I hope you love them as much as I do.

Every vote, comment, and message has meant the world to me and has given me much-needed motivation to keep this going.

To thank you for this amazing year and to kind of take the place of the stories about to finish I have 4 options for you to choose from so I can publish them next:

Complex with Lando Norris (and Oscar Piastri)

Tú Y Yo with Fernando Alonso

My Significant Bother with Christian Horner

Reckless with Charles Leclerc.

Every vote will be obviously counted and will decide which stories will come next for all of you to read them! Love you all very very much.