𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 25

♬ Darling, nobody said that it would last forever
That doesn't mean we didn't try to get there ♬

Toto Wolff POV

My heart broke the moment I woke up to the sight of her having such a strong panic attack that the whole bed was shaking. When she finally calmed down in my arms I legitimately thought it couldn't be worse until I picked up her phone to see what made her this upset.

I would kill him. I would very well murder him if he was standing in front of me right now. The photos were of her, at the bottom of some fucking stairs, her face was all bruised and there was a lot of blood on the floor. He did this to her, on her birthday. This is just sick.

"Is this why you don't like your birthday?" I ask as she was clearly missing the words to answer me.

"Yes, I didn't know he had pictures of this taken. I was probably out of myself" She says still sitting on the balcony as I left her. I kneel down and I sit by her side.

"You don't deserve this. I'm going to have a talk with him because he is being too much" I say as calmly as I could, but my blood was boiling, it was like those pictures were engraved in my mind.

I couldn't forget them. I looked at the woman in front of me and she was a survivor, no doubt about that. I wonder what the fuck is on her old phone. He is a fucking monster, he takes pleasure in her pain. He took pictures and he sent them to her when he knows she is doing just fine without him.

"I need some water" She mutters as she got up with some help from the balcony's rail. I get up after her, follow her to the kitchen, and lean on the doorframe as she drank her water.

"I'm sorry this happened to you, nobody should go through that" It was all I could say because this woman was looking so good a few hours ago, and now she is a mess because of him.

"Don't start pitying me, that's the last thing I need right now. I don't want to be seen as a victim. I won't go down like that" Her voice showed anger as she turned around to look at me while still holding the cup of water.

"Oh, I don't pity you. I pity him once I find that worthless piece of shit. He will wish he was dead" I say with my arms still crossed. She puts down her glass and walks in my direction with her eyes glued to mine.

"I am sleeping in the extra bedroom" She says as she obviously meant for me to leave the door frame so she could walk through.

"I find the main bedroom more comfortable, but I don't mind changing to the other one" I knew damn well that she meant to sleep there alone but it's not even a possibility.

"You have to work in 9 hours. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep. I am not keeping you awake. Go to sleep Toto" She says as she went to open the door but I stop her.

"Come to sleep with me then. I don't mind if you wake me up. You will sleep better with me by your side. We both know it" I say as I held her wrist as gently as I could.

"You didn't sign up for this" She says with some coldness and I nod.

"I know, I didn't sign up for anything. I do things because I want to do them. Now, come with me and sleep in that bed. I don't care if you wake me up. I am sleeping in whatever bed you lay in tonight unless you tell me you don't feel good about that. If you don't feel safe or respected then I won't sleep in the bed as you" I say as I let go of her wrists and she looks up at me.

"You are too stubborn" She mutters as she walks to the bedroom where we've been staying.

I got into bed after she did, I pulled her close and she rests her head on my chest as I ran my hand through her hair. She had been crying so she fell asleep as quickly as I expected too. But I couldn't. What would he do once she was back in Austria? Will he keep sending her these images or will he abuse her once again? 

That made my blood boil. She doesn't deserve this, nobody does. I didn't sleep much but I was good enough to be able to work so that is exactly what I did. I had some online meetings and I managed well. It is now dinner time and she looks out of herself, she is just pretending to eat and I am looking at her for 10 minutes. Still hasn't noticed.

"You never asked for my birthday gift" I say as I watch her suddenly look at me confused.

"What?" She asks still lost in her little world.

"My gift. You never asked what it was, are you not curious?" I ask leaning back on my chair and she shakes her head.

"Not really. I thought the party was the gift, and the dress maybe. I don't know" She shrugs it off and I nod.

"I had another thing but I can definitely return, there is no need for me to bother you with something else" I say as I get up with my plate and she quickly puts herself in front of me.

"What was it? I am curious now" She asks following me to the sink.

"Angela told me you wanted the Dyson Airwrap or whatever the name is. I bought it for you with all the accessories. I guess it's for your hair, like a blowdryer but more expensive and it does more things" I say confusedly and she smiles.

"That is sold out everywhere" She claps back in disbelief.

"Well, I have my ways. It's on the bathroom, on the stall by the right" I say nonchalantly as she smiles.

"Thank you. That was very sweet of you" She says as she kisses my cheek before running off to the bathroom.

Well, Angela was right. She liked it.