𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

♪ Don't tell me to stop it, just let me on top and
Baby you want it, yeah ♪

Grace Bauer POV

Remember when I said it was interesting? It wasn't. Mercedes had problems with the gearbox and the sandstorm didn't help. The three whole days Toto was pissed, he hoped for better. Everyone was seeing what could be done. And I just had the headset he gave me on because it was really loud in the Mercedes' garage.

At least Valtteri got the fastest lap on the second day or Toto wouldn't have shut up. The third day ended and we were heading out of the paddock. Oh, and everyone was shocked the first day because Toto had me with him, it seems like he is a loner. He likes to be alone and everyone knows it so nobody is believing the fact we are friends or that he is just watching me, or babysitting me as he says.

"So, you said I couldn't mess with the men in Formula 1 but can I mess with Formula 2 and 3?" I ask while he was putting his seat belt on to drive us to the hotel.

"Do you think the answer will be a yes?" He asks and I shrug. It wasn't a no.

"Okay. So what city is it next?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"None, we have the first race here in 12 days. We will stay here and enjoy the city" He says and I nod.

"Seems like a good idea. So I will get out of your way and whenever I leave my room I will tell you" I say and he nods.

"Sounds good to me" He says and I try not to laugh, does he truly believe I will be stuck in my room for 12 days?

"Can I have dinner or is it too much to ask?" I ask as he was about to get in the car he rented.

"Let's have dinner then" He says and I put the seatbelt on. I thought we were going to eat at the hotel, as we always did the last few days but we went to a restaurant near the paddock.

"This looks really nice" I say excitedly, finally something different. I was starting to think the next few months are gonna be pretty much the same things over and over but in different cities and countries.

"The food is good from what Lewis told me" He says and we are headed to a table who had a good view of Bahrain.

"That's good" I say pretty uninterestedly. He was on his phone as always, I was looking around bored.

"Are you going to be in your room for 12 days? Do you think I believe that?" He asks with a smirk, I see him put his phone down and he fixates his eyes on me.

"I don't have many options. Do I?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I mean, you can go out. I will go out to team meetings and all the things we have to prepare before the season starts" He says and I nod ironically.

"Of course, I'm really interested in seeing you work and watching you all discuss cars and the whole business you are in" I say sarcastically and he lets out a laugh.

"It's better than being locked in your room" He says but I can't really agree.

"Whatever you think. I would prefer to die honestly. These months will be like being in prison" I say and the waiter comes, she was older than me but younger than him. She smiled at him and I'm not surprised she was finding him attractive.

"Have you chosen what you will eat?" She asks since we have been seated for 15 minutes and we had the menu all along.

"Yeah, I'll have the number 4, the menu with a Coca-Cola, please" I say and she nods.

"I will have the same. Thank you" He says handing her our menus.

"You are welcome. Have a nice evening" She says and leaves our table.

"I really don't know how you are single. I think it's the personality" I say and he looks at me offended.

"My personality is just fine" He says defensively.

"Your looks are better. You already behave like a dad. I even dare to say you are boring" I say and he nods angrily.

"I am not boring! I just have to keep you safe. Do you really think I will let you go to the parties the drivers go to? I would have to chase you everywhere. I'm not 30 anymore, I had my own parties then. You don't like it, talk to your dad and go back" He says mad and I nod, maybe madder than him.

"You don't have what it takes to party. You are too old clearly. 49 years on you is like a death sentence for fun" I say and he is even more offended.

"I just don't want to have fun while chasing a 30-year-old" He says and I laugh.

"Why would you have to chase me? I won't run away and go back to Austria in the middle of the night. If I wanted to go back I would. I'm trying to keep safe too. You are just scared you wouldn't be able to handle me" I say and he lets out a laugh.

"Oh, please. I have been with a lot of women, you are not irresistible Grace. I could handle you anytime and any day" He says outraged by my assumption.

"I wasn't meaning it like that. More like in the fact that I still can party until late while you would be probably sleeping at 1 am" I say and he looks nervous now. I like the fact that he can handle me, for sure.

"It seemed like that. Either way, get over it. We have rules, follow them. Maybe after the race in Bahrain we can go to the party. Until then just lay low and don't raise suspicions" He says and I roll my eyes nodding.

"Yes daddy" I say while he picks up the phone and I see him gulp. I smile knowing I had done what I wanted and pick up my phone too.