𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4

♪ I gotta know
As much as it hurts
I need you to tell me the truth ♪

Grace Bauer POV

I went out while Toto was probably apologizing for my behavior unnecessarily because I wasn't rude.

"So are you going to keep telling people we are dating?" He asks when he gets to my side and I shrug.

"What should we tell people? That I'm living with you for protection? I mean in your work I understand you saying that you are doing me a favor or whatever but strangers shouldn't have that information" I say and it was pretty obvious to me.

"Strangers don't need to know we are living together, you did it on purpose" He says and I laugh.

"You have no interest in her, never had. She will move on without thinking it's her fault. I was pretty nice" I say and he seems confused.

"How can you say I never had an interest in her?"

"You never noticed she was flirting with you. If you had any interest in her even the hello she gave you would be enough for you to think she was flirting. Men, when they have an interest in a woman, take the smallest thing to turn their ego big and think they are being reciprocated" I say while texting a friend.

"And you can tell that from the way I reacted to her today? Maybe I was out of myself because I just met you and don't feel comfortable with you around" He says and I laugh.

"You feel pretty comfortable with me, you relaxed by the middle of lunch. You also have your hands in your pockets, you let your guard down. You just don't like her and that's fine. If you find me attractive you wouldn't find her attractive, we are opposites"

"You think you are a know it all" He says taking his hands out of his pockets and I try not to laugh.

"And you are a bitter man. Chill out, we are supposed to get along. We have to handle each other until the end of the year. I will watch every move you make but won't always point out what I see. Don't worry. You don't need to try to be neutral around me" I say and he takes a deep breath. He was trying not to get mad.

"If you keep out of my way I won't bother you, that's all we need to do for the next months. Respect the rules and we will be fine" He says and I nod. We get to the building and he opens the door.

"Well have a nice day then" I say when we get on the apartment and head to my room.

"I'm going to be busy. Just eat what you want and go to sleep early enough to wake up by 7 am" He says and I nod.

I did nothing all day long. I had all done at my dad's company, he also told me to take some vacations. I started watching a new series on Netflix, ate some snacks, and fell asleep at like 11 pm or something like that. I woke up at 7 am like he asked and took a shower, got ready. As I got into the living room he was there on his laptop waiting for me.

"I'm impressed you actually did what I asked" He says closing the laptop and putting it away.

"I'm pretty good with schedules. How long is the flight?" I ask and he grabs his suitcases.

"5 hours, it's my private jet so we have no stops on the way. Lewis and Valtteri sometimes fly with me, keep that in mind" He says and I really appreciate him for thinking I know something of Formula 1 when I don't know shit.

"Yeah. I don't know who those are but okay. Are they on your team? What do you do in Formula 1 by the way?" I ask and he seems shocked.

"I'm Mercedes team principal and CEO too" He says and I'm impressed.

"That's nice, I was trying to know how a mechanic or something had all of this. That's good for you" I say nodding like a little child, he still seems shocked and makes me a sign to go ahead.

We had a cab waiting for us so we went straight to the airport and got through security half an hour before our flight. We sat in the waiting room until we had permission to get on the plane 10 minutes later.

"Can you make us breakfast?" He asks the flight attendants and they nod. They were nice, they greeted us and were the nicest overall.

"Do you have work to do on the flight?" I ask and he nods.

"I do, why?" He asks after putting his laptop down.

"I am kinda afraid of flying- like turbulence makes me anxious. Could I go to your side or sit in front of you so I won't be alone?" I ask since we were pretty away from each other.

Picture this: Two tables, each with four chairs. He's on one on the window seat and I'm on the other also on the window seat, so we have two chairs and an aisle separating us.

"Aren't you old enough to get over it? Do you know how many flights we will be on?" He asks sounding mad, maybe he is stressed, he just came from vacation and he has a lot of months of work ahead.

"I'm sorry, that was stupid. I will just be on my phone and put on some headphones" I say smiling at him and put the headphones in and start scrolling through my phone seeing every app I could think of.

Breakfast came and I took them off. All I could hear was the music the plane had, yes they had music on at a very low volume, and also Toto on his laptop. I finished eating, thanked both of the women and went back to my phone. These months are going to be so dull and shitty...