𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 23

♬ Just like old times all over
Under the exit lights as beautiful as ever
I really wish that I dressed up a little better ♬

Toto Wolff POV

Being with Grace every day was a normal thing now. Everyone adored her. She is a part of the team, she knows everyone, even the journalists. But she has been doing well with a company under her care. She made good changes to the structure, including Felix being in a lower position. 

She found some mistakes he made and it was a fair offer, he had the opportunity to leave but I guess no one in Austria wanted to hire him, I wonder why. Maybe because my word travels fast but who cares?

Now we are nearing the end of summer break and Grace's birthday was close, she made no mention of it but her parents luckily did. We were already in Belgium to prepare for the race on the 27th so I prepared a birthday party for her birthday on the 24th, and most people were able to come. The day has come and we are having breakfast like it's no big deal.

"Lewis is already in town and he invited us to a party, is that something you are interested in?" I ask as I put my plate on the sink and she looks at me interested.

"That's fine by me, I got all tanned from so much sun in the last few weeks, it was either our balcony or the yacht. I need to show it off" She says letting out a laugh.

"Our balcony?" I ask teasingly turning to face her and she laughs.

"Yeah, I am living with you, the balcony is mine too" She says nonchalantly and I laugh.

"That's fair, I guess. Do you want to go around the city? Maybe buy a new dress for tonight?" I ask watching as her smile grew wider.

"Yes, please. Vacationing with you is cool. You buy me a lot of things" She says happily.

We have been traveling and I may have bought her a few things in the places we were in like Greece and Italy. She got dressed and we went out. I held her hand and when we get to the mall she immediately enters a store that caught her attention so I just follow her. Her purse was in my hand quicker than I could complain. Which she has a habit of doing.

The night came and she was killing it in the dress I bought. We were almost heading out but she stopped in the middle of the living room of our rented apartment here.

 We were almost heading out but she stopped in the middle of the living room of our rented apartment here

"I need to change" She says turning around and I am now confused.

"Don't you like it? I mean, you look great with it. Is it too tight?" I ask a bit surprised with the sudden change of mind.

"It looks too slutty, doesn't it?" She asks looking at me once again.

"What? Nothing looks slutty, you wear whatever you want to wear. You look good in it and if you like it that is all that matter" I say thinking about what she must have gone through with Felix.

"Do you think it's too short?" She asks getting closer and I shake my head.

"It's too long if you ask me, you look better with nothing on. I will be there, it doesn't matter what people think. Look at me, nobody would dare to stare at you or touch you. I am there" I say wrapping my arm around her waist and pulling her closer to me.

"Will you be my bodyguard tonight?" She asks raising her head to look at me and I smile.

"I am always your bodyguard" I let out a chuckle and she does the same.

"Well, you've been doing a good job so I will trust you to go out like this" She says wrapping her arms around my neck and I lean down to kiss her as I hold her cheek with my hand. It was a slow but passionate kiss.

"Let's go then" 

We got to the nightclub and a good amount of the drivers and the people she got along with were there. I saw her parents and I went to greet them however she had still not seen them as she got too busy talking to Lewis and Angela.

"She is looking gorgeous" Sophia says proudly observing her daughter who laughed with a drink in her hand.

"She does" I mutter before taking a short sip of my drink.

"I can't believe Felix ruined even her birthday for her. But she is getting back to normal now" Alex says happily and I nod.

"Did he do something to her on her birthday?" I ask curiously and they look at each other with some doubt.

"Mom? Dad?" I hear her voice as we look at her.

"Happy birthday darling" They both say at the same time before they hug her.

"Thank you, 29 is looking good on me" She says with a slightly smaller smile.

"I hope you don't mind us being here" Alex says nervously and she shakes her head.

"Of course not. I didn't know this was a birthday party" She says laughing and they get distracted with Valtteri so she looks at me. "You knew it"

"I also knew you didn't tell me for a reason so here we are" I say and she smiles.

"Thank you for arranging this. I won't forget it" She says touching my arm and smiling.

"Happy birthday love" I say kissing her cheek.

She went on to dance a lot and I did the same. I was talking to Lewis when I saw a guy getting closer to Grace, I quickly got closer to them.

"Can I pay you a drink?" The guy asks and she takes a step back bumping into me.

"She is with me, sorry" I say with a fake smile as I put her hand in mine.

"With you?" He asks surprisedly.

"Yeah, she is clearly mine, do you have a problem with it?" I was more challenging than I should but he got the message.

"No. I just saw her alone, I'm sorry man" He says before walking out.

"I am yours? Funny" She says laughing.

"Is it a lie though?" I leave the question in the air as she looked up at me.

"Don't do that" 

Before we could keep talking someone got in with her birthday cake and she smiled happily. I sang happy birthday with everyone and watched as she opened everyone's gifts. She was delighted and I was proud I made it happen.

"Just be honest with yourself about what you feel. You both deserve to be loved" Alex says and I shake my head.

"That is not what this is" 

"Sure it isn't" He says with a cocky smile and I look at Grace whose eyes met mine in that moment and I smile, giving her a wink after.