chapter thirty-two

"So you're officially off punishment," Devon said, making Haven jump in joy. "But you can always get back on."

"Thank you so much!" She smiled, hugging him. "That means I can have my door back?" 

"I'll put it back on after my shift." 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She repeated, jumping up and down. 

She felt like she could finally breathe. She's been on punishment for almost two months now and couldn't wait to see Ezra again every day. 

"I'm leaving in fifteen minutes, so everybody is ready!" Devon announced to the girls. 

Indigo stood in the mirror with her eyes watering; she felt so weird going to school without getting a text from Sevyn. He always bought her breakfast or picked her up; it felt different and weird.

She held her head back, pushing back the tears as she grabbed his hoodie and pulled it over her head. She also wore matching sweatpants; that's all she wore, so she wasn't going to change that.

She just prayed people wouldn't bother her too much today.  

"You ready?" Flaire asked her, walking into her room. 

"As ready Imma get," Indigo mumbled, grabbing her book bag and gym bag.

"You're going back?" Flaire smiled.

"Imma see how it goes." 

"C'mon," Flaire said, grabbing her hand so they could walk downstairs. "C'mon, Haven." 

Haven grabbed her bag and walked to the door in tow of them; they said see you later to Genesis, then walked out with Flaire in the front. 

"Flaire, tell Key I got his shit."

"What shit?"

"Mind your business."

"Then I'm not telling him shit."

"You need to grow up." He chuckled. "I'll text his ass myself."

"Should've done that then." 

"Are you okay?"

"Are you?"

"You wanna get put out my shit?" 

"You wanna get put out?"

"Why are we arguing?" Haven asked.

"Because he stays starting." Flaire rolled her eyes. 

"Oh, I get it." He glanced at her. "You upset at the world because Keygan is leaving."

"Devon, please do not piss her off this early."

"He can't piss me off, but I'll piss him off." Flaire chuckled just as Devon pulled up to the school. "Yeah, it was best I got out of this car." 

Devon was about to say something, but she slammed the car door really hard, making him look at her. 

"Oh, she wanna get put on punishment." 

Indigo got out of the car, and it was like everybody was staring at her; she ignored all the stares continuing to walk. Flaire grabbed her hand, walking further into the school; they stopped at her locker to put her bags in. Flaire walked her to her first class, ensuring the teacher knew she was there. 

"Y'all can get the fuck out of her face!" Flaire snapped, seeing everybody still staring at her. "She back, get the fuck over it." 

"Eyes on the board." The teacher spoke. "Thank you, Flaire; she's fine now."