chapter thirty-five

"What do you think about that?" Aziel asked Flaire showing her the last house.

"This the one!" Flaire excitedly said. "And it's down the street." 

"I was hoping you picked this one; this was my top pick."

"That's cause you, my twin; we got that intellectual mind." She pointed, making him chuckle. "When do you make an offer?" 

"I've already done." He smiled, pulling out the keys from his back pocket. 

"You move fast, God." Flaire chuckled.

"You wanna come with me to tell them?" 

"Yesss." She smiled, jumping out of bed and going to Genesis and Devon's room. 

"Can we come in?" Aziel asked, knocking on the door.

"Yes," Genesis said. "We were coming to talk to you."

"What's the problem?" Aziel asked.

"Flaire, your mind?" Devon asked.

"No, go ahead." She sat on the bed, making Genesis chuckle.

"We just wanted to ask how you wanted to do the custody thing. Flaire is already 18, so it's just Haven and Indigo." Genesis explained. "We're happy to keep custody-"

"I appreciate everything y'all did to step up, you became a full-time mom to your daughter plus mine, and I know it hasn't been easy. It's time to focus on your family, baby girl." He said, pulling out the keys. "It's time y'all go back to y'all lives and work on happiness outside of them." 

"What's this?" Devon furrowed his eyebrows, taking the keys.

"This is the house he bought y'all!" Flaire smiled. "It was never fair for y'all to go from taking care of y'all to us immediately. Genesis didn't even properly grieve before having to be the strong one while pregnant. We've been so unappreciative at times, but we never meant to be, and who knows where we would've been if it wasn't for y'all." 

"I'm going to cry," Genesis said, waving her eyes. 

"It's a three-story house, four bedrooms, five bathrooms, a huge kitchen with updated appliances, a washer, dryer, two-door garage, and more that you must see." Aziel smiled.

"Andddddd." Flaire dragged out to be dramatic. "An paid for all exclusive baby moon!" 

"No." Genesis covered her mouth in shock. 

"Where are we going?" Devon smiled.

"Belizeeee." Flaire dragged out. "Yeah, we did our big one." 

"Where the house at?" 

"Exactly nine houses down." 

"Really?" Genesis said. 

"You can't get rid of us this soon." 

"Shit, I'm trying. How fast can we get up outta here?" Devon asked, making them laugh.

"It's y'all. Deed already on the kitchen counter." Aziel smiled. "Y'all move in whenever." 

"Let's all go out tonight, my treat." Genesis smiled.

"Tomorrow? Tyke having a party and baby, I love y'all, but I will never miss a Tyke party." 

"Tomorrow then," Devon said. 

"Hi, sisters and dad! Devon." Brat smiled, walking into the room. "Y'all missed me?" 

"No," Devon said.

"I did." Flaire hugged her. 

"I know you did, BFF; Dev did, too he just loves being a hater."