chapter seven

Chapter seven

As Ezra pulled up, he saw a crying Regina sitting on his porch. He hopped out the car about to ask why she popped up announced until he saw the black eye, busted lip and the hanging skin from her cheek that you can tell someone sliced. He held his arms out as she ran into them crying harder, he felt his self getting watery eyed with her, he hated she went through this.

"Come on baby girl." He spoke bringing her in the house.

She continued crying trying to stop the blood from dripping anymore. He rushed her into the room so his parents or siblings wouldn't see her and ask questions.

He took her into his bathroom and began cleaning her face leaving the flesh for last since he didn't really know how to treat that.

"Reg, come on we gotta take you to the hospital."

"No no no E, they'll take me from her I just-"

"They need to!" He raised his voice making her jump real hard. "I didn't mean to scare you but look at you, you wanna keep going through this?"

"I'm all she has." She mumbled. "She can get better."

"She been doing this for years, when she supposed to stop? When you in college and finally away from her?"

"Exactly, I'm going to be away from her. E, I have no family. If I tell somebody then where will I go? Here? You think your mother going to take care of me?"

He didn't answer because he didn't have an answer, he knew his mother wouldn't take her in, she barely liked her. He also knew being put into the system was just as worst as her being home.

"We have to get you to the hospital." He spoke. "You can say you got jumped or something but I can not do anything with this."

"Will you stay with me?"

"Of course." He spoke. "Let me just change out these jeans."

He took a quick 10 minute shower because he felt dirty from the game, he walked out to see Regina laying on his bed sleep. He got dress into some comfortable clothes then went to wake her up, she stood up ready to go.

"Ezra?" His mother called out making him suck his teeth. "Where you- oh my God sweetie, are you okay?"

Regina got teary eyed as she looked at his mother who showed concern. "Yes, I'm fine."

"What happened to you?"

"She got jumped, I gotta take her to the hospital ma. I'll text you." Ezra kissed his mom on the cheek then walked her to the car.

He knew it was going to be a long night.

~

Maicee looked at Tyke wondering if she was ready to be in a relationship with him again, she was confused because last time they were in a relationship he broke her heart but she also broke his.

It's like they were perfect for each other but so wrong at the same time.

She hated being confused, she would rather be with him but she would hate to ruin everything they built more.

"Why your face like that?" Tyke asked.

"Because I'm wondering where we went wrong."

"What you mean?" He paused his show to look at her.

"Next week is our five year anniversary and we aren't together, we used to be best friends. I used to trust you so much to the point where nobody could tell me anything about you because your word is the only word that mattered. Now it's like everything you say I question it."