chapter thirty-nine

Today was decision day for the seniors; so many students were walking around with their college colors on and just overall cheerful. Flaire felt like she was in a non-ending tampon commercial where they wouldn't stay still and smiled too much.

She wasn't in the mood today, but to avoid killing everyone else's mood, she just stopped talking. Everyone knew when Flaire wasn't in the mood to steer clear, so they didn't bother talking to her either.

It was now the end of the day, and they were having an assembly for the seniors to announce their plans once they graduated. Flaire didn't want to participate, but she would because her family was there for her.

"Tyke!" The principal called his name as everyone stood to their feet yelling while he danced to the mic, making a few people laugh.

"Y'all gon miss me?" He asked as everyone cheered. "Imma miss y'all too, man; it makes me wanna be like them niggas who graduated five years ago but still come around to sneak y'all alcohol and shit."

"Tyke." The principal warned.

"My bad, I'm getting off topic." He chuckled. "I'm going to Franklin to major in sports marketing and minor in sports management while still playing for the D1 football team, and y'all know I'm taking them to the champs cause that's the shit I'm on. YEAHHH!"

"This nigga aggy." Ezra laughed as he danced his way down.

"He got his baby momma here?" Keygan asked, seeing Sage cheering for him.

This got Maicee's attention, and her smile dropped; she looked at Sage, swearing she could see her baby bump. Her eyes started watering, but she quickly turned around, closing her eyes so nobody could see her about to cry.

"Flaire." The principal called out, making her sigh as she walked to the stage.

"I'm going to Franklin, where I'll be majoring in physics and minoring in fashion, where I received two scholarships."

"Okay, sister!" Indigo yelled as everyone slowly clapped.

"She always fucking mad." Devon chuckled, watching her walk off the stage with a pout.

"We have to stay for the rest?" Indigo asked.

"For Ezra and Key," Genesis said.

"We already know Ezra is going to Franklin, and Key is going to MIT." Indigo rolled her eyes.

"Oh, girl, you have nothing to do," Genesis said.

"Shut up, Ezra's going up there," Aziel said, pressing the record on his phone.

"Calm down y'all, y'all finna break the bleachers. How y'all doing?" He smiled, licking his lips, making the girls scream as Haven looked around.

"Alright now, Ezra." She warned, making Key and Tyke laugh.

"I know this all about decision day, and y'all already know where I'm going." He chuckled. "I just wanna give my props to Ms.Washington. She was my freshman teacher, but she has been a mentor to me my whole four years. She knew when to be hard or when I just needed a nice talk; she was why I started thinking further than football. Of course, thank you to my coach, although he should be thanking us 'cause we made his ass look good for four years, we the best team you ever had!"

"And did!" Tyke yelled.

"Y'all young niggas better keep up next season!" Bison yelled out, making the coach and the football players laugh.

"Because my coach is the best in the game, I was granted a four-year football scholarship from multiple top schools and chose Franklin. I will major in public health and minor in criminal justice while working with my brother to make Franklin the best football team as we did here."