CHAPTER FIVE: A BUN IN THE OVEN

KATHERINE'S POV.

ST Clark hospital.

It's been a little over one month since the whole one night stand thing fiasco and I'm trying to put it way behind me...key word. Trying.

I still haven't told Carolina. I am sure she'll freak out and then take me in a celebratory dinner like she said she would the first time I ever have sex.

I nervously tapped my fingers against the doctor's desk as I waited for Doc Natalie to come back in.

I've been feeling a little unwell and decided to check myself. It's something I did on frequent. It was an habit my mother cultivated in me. But I think it's because I've been working myself too hard.

Even though I suspect it may be something else but if didn't have to guts to admit it to myself because we've all established that I could be a cowards.

We've just launched a new division where we do home delivey after customers can order from our app.

It's cool and the idea was definitely good but it was equally exhausting. We've had way too many orders coming in and lots of adjustment had to be made to fit our new division or expansion.

"Katherine." Doc Natalie called as she entered her office.

"Doc." I smiled at her as she took her seat across from me.

Natalie is Carolina's cousin. She was the one who treated me whenever I got sick. I would like to consider us to a degree as friends but not very close friends.

"Your test results are out and uhmm.." She looked down at screen of her smart tab that I'm guessing was displaying the results.

She slid a two leaves file over to me for me to take a look. I took them but I didn't really understand them but to an extent... I think I did but it seemed my brain shut down.

"You're pregnant." Natalie says.

Pregnant
Pregnant
Pregnant
Pregnant
Pregnant
Pregnant
Pregnant
Pregnant.

The words echoed in my mind over md over again but it seemed no matter how many times it repeated in my head I couldn't grasp it.

"W-W-What?" I stuttered.

"You are a little over month gone." She explains further.

Sometimes you run and hide from things but they end up finding you.

I didn't know when my hand went to my stomach. It felt flat. It hasn't changed... I don't think there's a baby in there but there is. The test results clearly shows there is.

"I'm pregnant." I told myself.

It slowly began to sink in along with a n headache. I was pregnant.

"Katherine, are you okay?" Natalie asks, her faces expressing concern.

"I am... I-i-is my baby alright?"

"The test results shows that everything is fine but we still have to the the ultrasound."

"Oh..." I didn't feel like talking. Nothing I could say would feel right or comforting.

A part of me was wondering why I wasn't crying already.

"C-Can I come back in a few hours for the ultrasound?"

"Of course."

I nodded muttering a small thank you before leaving her office. More like stumbling out.

I took my time to assess my situation. I didn't actually leave the hospital. I spent my time on the roof taking  time to assess my condition. When I finally cried and tried to feel sorry for myself. It began to sink in a little. I think.