CHAPTER TWELVE: WEDDING PARTY.

KATHERINE'S POV.

I held onto my dad like my life depended on it. It felt like my legs would give up if I let go. I could feel something rising in my chest, my eyes watered. I could feel everyone looking at me in awe, anger, envy, pity, hatered, happiness...

But the only person I could focus on was the man who stood at the end of the aisle and radiated power. One of his was buried in his pants pocket. His face was hard and unchanging. No emotions. I hadn't really expected anything from him.

I wanted to run away. Very far. My eyes found Carolina's. She looked ready to leave her seat and pull me out if I motioned for her.My mind screamed that I tell her to help me. We were soul sisters. Her eyes could read mine. She could see mine.

I could see her face harden. She was telling me if I want to run I could run. She was telling me that she was ready to run with me but instead of shouting at her for help, instead of approving an escape plan, I smiled at her, Assuring her, telling her I'm fine.

I could feel a cold sweat trail down the nape of my neck, down my back to my waist as we reached the end of the aisle, to my soon to be husband. Dad muttered something to Caspian but I wasn't listening. My eyes snapped to the warm hand that held mine. Dad was giving me to him.
It took everything within my will power to let go of dad and hold back the hot tears tht threatened to fall when he placed a small kiss on my cheek and walk away to his seat.

This time I hanged on to Caspian, not because I wanted to but because if I let go I would fall. My mind zoned out the rest of the ceremony. I wasn't listening to anything.
It was strange to be getting married to a stranger.

This wasn't how I imagined my wedding, and I once imagined having a forbidden love and eloping together to get married. Out of all the crazy imaginations I had when growing up, this definately won the race and I never imagined it.

"..... I now pronounce you husband and wife." That was the declaration I had from the priest.

A declaration that marked the beginning oof my life. A declaration that shooked me to my core. A declaration that silently was breaking me.

I looked up into Caspian's eyes. His eyes drew me close as I felt his arms around my waist. His face came closer to mine and his lips captured mine. Caspian's thumb slowly swiped at my cheeks as he pressed his lips to mine, it was then I realized that I was tears was streaming down my face.

When we pulled away Caspian had a weird look on his face. His expression looked heavy, almost like he was angry and ...

************

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

As expected of the Montgomerys, the wedding reception was indeed grand. Famous, influential, wealthy and powerful faces filled the crowd, even royalties.

Everyone couldn't help but still feel surprised by Caspian's Montgomerys wedding and young bride. After the news of his divorce four years ago, there had been no indication that he was in a relationship. Caspian Montgomery was a private man but the news of his new bride had been so out of the blue.

But some of them were used to it, other more used to it than some. Caspian Montgomery was known for his shocking surprises and revelations. At least this time the surprise didn't involve the life of an aristocrat destroyed or the Montgomerys wealth getting significantly higher.

The emotion in the hall was different. Some angry, some envious, some sad, some indifferent, some proud, happy and the list goes on. The person with the biggest emotion was none other than the mother of the bride. Melinda Lane.

Everything was like a dream to her. She was now related to the Montgomerys. All her life Melinda had strived for the best, seeked the best, dreamed for the best but she had never expected to get the best of the best.
  Although Melinda grew up in a rich household and was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, her family had battled bankruptcy at every turn. Her father had had to kiss the feet of the richer to keep his wealth. She had been looked down by those of the even higher society, she had been treated like dirt and trash but  Melinda had envied them and aspired to be them, Melinda promised herself that one day she'll be one of them.