CHAPTER SIXTY: KATHERINE IS AWAKE!

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Four days had felt like five decades for every member of the Montgomery family but for Caspian it felt like Four to eternity. It's been Four days since Craig had come out of the operation theatre and said the operation was successful. The mother was safe, the children were safe.

For the first time Caspian had felt like crying in relief, an exercise and common human practice he considered a waste of time and energy.

But this was the fourth day and Katherine was still not awake. Craig had warned that it might take time but assured that she and the babies were fine. The machine showing her vitals and that of the kids were an indication of it, but the fact that her eyes were still closed only made Caspian worry.

Katherine had suffered from a head trauma and she had hit the floor and the side of her belly a little hard when she had fallen but the Montgomery twins are a stubborn bunch and had stayed still in their mother's womb. Craig saw no use for an early delivery as Katherine was already entering her eighth month before the incident. It had taken some time and treatment to stable the twins vitals but they were fine and Katherine had undergone surgery to treat the head trauma.

Caspian still sat by Katherine's side, not leaving. He wanted to be there when she wakes up. He wanted to see her open her eyes and see those bright eyes that always found it's way to stir his hard heart.

This was the morning of the fourth day and still nothing. Caspian has read a stud that shows that it was helpful to talk to patient in a comatose state. A year ago Caspian would had laughed at the ridiculous waste of time but this Caspian was willing to do anything for his wife to wake up even if it was to talk to her even if she even wasn't listening.

But what could he tell her that would make her want to wake up?

"You asked me why I married you? Why I did so much to keep you by my side?" Caspian took her limp hand in here that had a thin straw like tube stuck behind it with bandages.

"I told you I didn't know the reason why. I think I did but I just didn't accept it." He raised his head to look at her face that was half hidden behind the oxygen mask.

"When I first saw you that night, I was intrigued, even maybe more so. I found it ridiculous that I could be so drawn to someone on first meeting but I did. I could have controlled myself that night but I didn't want to or maybe I couldn't. Every part of me yearned for you Katherine." He took a deep breath and pressed a small kiss on her palm.

"The truth was that a big part of me wanted to find you again. I was going to find you again even if we hadn't met at the hospital because I just couldn't stop thinking-" a big smile marked his lips as his eyes expressed his nostalgic longing "-the night we had, the morning you tried to sneak your way out and how fast you ran out of the room. And when I saw you that day, when I saw the papers... Thinking about it, even if I didn't see them, I was going to drag you out of there anyways."

He moved his eyes over to her and one of his hand stretched out to trail the outline of her face until it stopped at the oxygen mask.

He hated the sight of it on her face. It was a reminder that she couldn't breathe on her own, live on her own and the fear that it might just stop supporting her any second was enough to send his heart on a spiral but instead he focused on her, on what he wanted to say to her, on what he was going to say when she wakes up.

"When I decided to marry you it wasn't just because of the kids
It was because I had to have you by my side without you running away this time." Caspian covered her small palm with both of his hand and rested his forehead against them. If at that time he had looked at her, he would have seen the tears that escaped her closed lids and fell sideways to her ears.