CHAPTER FORTY TWO: THE BONDS THAT GROWS FROM THE PAST TO THE PRESENT AND FUTURE

KATHERINE'S POV

"So let me get this straight." Carolina paused for a while to gather her thoughts. "Fredward, Caspian's brother, got himself involved with the  Salvatore Mafia family who is the Rival to the D'Angelo Mafia family which is led by Vincenzo D'Angelo who is Caspian's best friend." Carolina recounted the main subject matter of the very shocking revelation by Bianca.

"Yeah." Bianca nodded causally, like she just told us the story of how her cat fell in love with the lesbian Neighbor's cat. "That's pretty much it."

"And how do you know all of this?" I finally asked still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my husband's best friend is the Don of the most powerful Mafia in the world.

"I know stuff. You know—" she gestured with her hand like that was supposed to let us understand what the bloody hell was going on.

"No, we don't know Bianca." Carolina rolled her eyes angrily at the pink clothed lady.

"Years ago, my father was a little involved with the D'Angelos and Vincenzo became sort of my protector after Dad died." 

"Lincoln. Is he involved too?" Carolina sounded worried and i wasn't in the place to point that out.

"Those three have always been involved in each other's lives for as long as I can remember. The bond between them goes way way back."

"Really?" Carolina gave a look of disbelief. "Their relationship seem very one-sided. Lincoln is the one putting all the effort in their relationship."

Carolina was right. Lincoln clearly cares more about Caspian than Caspian does. I've seen the way they interact with each other. Caspian always look like he'll rather get rid of him than listen to him.

"One sided?" Bianca gave a curt laugh that had so many meanings. "The relationship between those three is anything but one sided. Caspian and Vincenzo are just a little more reserved, while Lincoln isn't in the slightest. Caspian trust the both of them with his life as the both of them trust him with theirs. I have been there through the hurdles in their lives. Although I wasn't directly involved, I was like a spectator, always watching and the things those three have been through is more thrilling than a movie."

"So Caspian is part of Vicenzo's Mafia?" I asked.

"No. Of course not. Although their lives are entangled but those three also keep to their businesses. They did everything together when they were younger, those part of their lives are bound to enfold in the future."

"So Lincoln is not in the mafia?"

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean not exactly?!" Carolina yelled almost shocking Bianca. " You just said that they kept to their lives."

"Yes they do. That's what Lincoln and I have in common. we didn't choose to be involved with the Mafia. But when your god father is the most powerful and trusted man to the former Don of the D'Angelo Mafia who is Vicenzo's granddad, you get pulled into things you didn't ask for, especially when he decides to entrust you with all the secret of the underworld when you are just child."

"W-What?" Carolina stammered.

Yeah! What the hell.

"This is more getting more complicated than the telenovelas my aunties watch." Carolina sighed into her hands. "Why did his god father do that?"

"I'm sorry Carolina. That is not my place to share. Lincoln has been through a lot. Yeah, he may look like an entitled jerk face but he's also one of the strongest, most honest and assertive person I know. His past is his to tell not mine."

"How are you okay with this?" I finally asked the question that stayed in the back of my mind when Bianca was explaining to us.

What she just told us still laid heavy on my chest. But this cheerful, overly optimistic and universe loving cute woman in front of me seems so fine with it. It wasn't something anyone would expect of her. I mean, look at her cute face and her cute pink gown and white heels, that doesn't really scream 'I am involved with the mafia.' but I suppose that's the whole idea.

"I've gotten used to it. Besides I have to, I'm going to marry Vincenzo in the the future after all."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"He hasn't exactly accepted. But I am determined to thaw his stone cold heart and make it all mine " she said with a determined look on her face. An embarrassed look immediately replaced it when she looked at I and Carolina looking at her incredulously.

"You got this girl." Carolina cheered. "Didn't think you had it in you. But maybe you should be careful. This is a mafia boss we are talking about."

Bianca just laughed in response.

"This was not what I expected when I chickened out of asking Caspian what was happening and asked you instead."

"Me too." Carolina shook her head in agreement of my statement.

"Fredward is going to be fine, right?"

"Of course. He was just a pawn to them. A pawn that unknowingly upgraded himself to a Knight . It's going to be over in a matter of days. Caspian would take care of it."

"I'm sure he would " but I couldn't stop the worry that crept up in my heart. I don't want the man I love to be killed by a mafia. Bianca could see the worry on my face.

"Fredward is living in your house Katherine. Caspian wouldn't have done that if he doesn't have absolute control of the situation. Caspian would never put you in harms way."

I was relived to know that.

AUTHOR'S CHAT/ GIST.

Sorry for the short chapter. Not in a great mood to write a long chapter. 😏😏😏😔😔😔😒😒😓

Note this guys🚨

This is not a mafia story at all. Do not mistake this as one. I won't be exploring the mafia aspect of this story or the past of the three musketeers. I'm talking about Caspian, Lincoln and Vincenzo.

Caspian is not a mafia boss neither is he involved in the mafia, sort of. His life is entangled with that of his friends when they were younger. DMM is not a mafia story.

Until the next chapter lovelies 🤩😍😘😍🤩
However far or near it may be. Ciao.