CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: THE CRUEL AND PAINFUL PRIORITY.

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The air was still and tense in the private waiting room of thr private hospital. Silence reigned and silent prayers echoed silently across minds of the people that sat there. That same silence was an indication of the storm brewing beneath.

A few miles away from the waiting room sat a worried and sad husband and father. His long hair was disheveled on his head, his tie was flung carelessly on the chair next to his. Dry blood stained his clenched fist and the white inner shirt of his ruffled suit. His eyes were cast down to his feet and his shoulders were sagged and tense at the same time.

Behind the door in front of him was his dying wife. Someone so he didn't realize was as important to him as his own life...even more. His mind should be racing with different thoughts but it was quite. Painstakingly quiet. He has always loved the silence but not until a very cheerful young woman barged into his private room at his club and came into his life, opening doors to places that he didn't think existed.

A few feet from him was Carolina. The blood was drying to her skin and her eyes were void of tears and life. She looked at the man in front of her. Shoulder sagged, head bent.

"You said you'll protect her! You should have protected her and you failed. This is all your fault. She's like that because of you. You are the reason. The reason she is dying. You killed her and her children. You failed to protect your family Caspian! You failed!"

That was what she had wanted to say. That was what Carolina wanted to yell at the cold hearted man that sat in front of her, but,  looking at him, he seemed... lifeless.

This wasn't the Caspian Montgomery that annoyed the hell out of her. This isn't the cold hearted Caspian she was used to. He looked hurt, pained. She looked at his bloodied fist and she could see how his fingers dug into the back of his clenched fist.

Carolina could not yell at a man like this. She couldn't bring herself to. He seemed as sad and worried as her. He seemed to blame himself like she was. The fact that she was covered with Katherine's blood was like a stake through her heart that was just left there to hurt and keep hurting.

How could this happen? How did it happen? Carolina searched her head. Who could do this?

Natalie!

It was clear as day. Natalie. The daughter of the Montgomerys, the woman who hates Katherine to the core. Then all Carolina could see was red. Blood red like the one that marked her skin like a tattoo she'll never be able to get rid of.

"Hey where are you going?" Lincoln asked and followed in tow as Carolina hurriedly walked away.

She pushed open the door of the private waiting room and scanned through the worried faces of those that were in the room. At the corner with a guilty look on her face, shaking was the culprit.

How dare she? How dare she come here?

"You bitch!" Carolina yelled and ran towards Natalie, prepared to launch herself at her but was held back by Lincoln.

"Carolina what are you doing?" Lincoln asked as she struggled against him.

"Let me go!" She shouted hitting his arm but it just tightened around her. The rest of the people looked at her in confusion.

"Let me go! I'll kill her myself! Let me go!" She yelled as she struggled.

"What are you talking about?" Bianca came forward and asked trying to calm Carolina down. She knew that Carolina was worried and probably in shock but her attack seemed uncalled for.

"It was her!" Carolina pointed her shaking finger at Natalie. "She's the one that tried to kill her. It's this bitch!" She said as she continued struggling.