CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: FANNING THE RIGHT FLAME FOR HELL

THIRD PERSON POV.

Katherine knows something had changed between she and Caspian since that day when she left home and he came to look for her. Since he told her that there was a reason other the the reason he married her, a reason he hadn't figured out yet. But Katherine could never feel assured or know what exactly was the feeling that radiated between them. Not until he has his answers but she had hers. She had somehow fallen in love with her husband.

It wasn't supposed to happen but it did. Everything she should hate about him, she loved. Katherine knew that unlike popular opinion Caspian wasn't perfect, invisible and indomitable but that only made him more alluring. To know sides of him that other haven't seen, to love sides of him that know one would normally understand.

It was a big celebration in the Montgomery home. It's isn't a ball or an anniversary this time but a celebration of love. Lana Montgomery was engaged to Nathaniel Stephens. It was an unusual union. Both of them are polar opposite and initially hated each other to the bone. Now they were in love as two love birds.

Lana had made Katherine one of her bridesmaid and although Katherine loved the fact that she was included, she was a heavily pregnant woman so She opted out from most of the bridesmaid's duties.

Everyone was there to celebrate the unlikely couple. Lana was a professor, an academic, a scholar and learned. She was a professor at a young age, she's a published author of academic works and was born with a silver spoon in her mouth which begged the question of how she could have met let alone fallen in love with Nathaniel Stephens.

Nathaniel Stephen made his name in the sport industry. Pegged as a basketball legend and a star before a fatal accident brought him to his knees, he was unheard from for more than five years before he made his comeback, stunning the world. He owns one of the biggest sport agency in the country and his a legend in the sporting world.

Nothing could be more in contrast. A rich blonde haired introverted professor falling in love with a famous black American sports mogul and a celebrity.

Through the whole festivities and celebration of love and the prelude to a knew beginning was a hatching sinister plot that will lead to a big change in the lives of the Montgomerys and at the center of that change was a desperate woman, yearning and clawing to crawl back to a position she thinks is hers. Verona.

Verona scanned the crowd but eyes was mostly fixed on the couple that stood next to each other. A hiss escaped her lips at the sight of them. She had once hanged on that arm. She had once commanded that respect. That was what Verona told herself. If she could have it once, she could have it again all she had to do was look for an opening to talk to the one man that she wanted but they stood next to each other not parting.

After several minutes, Verona watched as Bianca and Carolina came to take Katherine away to join the bride to be. Verona knew that Caspian wouldn't stay in the hall for long before he goes out for air.

******

Caspian scrolled through the images on his phone. If one day someone told him that he would be looking for the perfect baby crib, he would have shipped them to a remote island to rot the rest of their lives away. But here he was at the balcony of a very grand building looking through pictures.

"The most expensive one is not necessarily the best one." Caspian recollected Katherine's words. He remembered the look of surprise on Yuvraj's face when he had told him to get him information on cribs. Yuvraj had completed the task as flawlessly as always but that didn't stop the assistant from being surprised and finding it funny that his big serious boss had this side to him.

Caspian had learnt that one of the most important rituals of being a father to be, is to arrange the crib yourself, so Caspian did well to look at the blue print label of the crib on the instruction manuals of more than twenty five cribs carefully selected by his assistant to be the bests.