CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: BIRTHDAY DINNER.

The Montgomery's mansion was flowing with people, coming in and out celebrating the birthday of Elizabeth Montgomery. Katherine was no longer bothered by the amount of people she was seeing. She was getting used to the fact that a simple party to the Montgomerys was not her version of simple.

"Happy birthday Elizabeth." Kathrine greeted as she met the dazzling woman who pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks love."

"Mother." Caspian greeted in his own fashion. Elizabeth didn't need to be told that her son was wishing her a happy birthday in the most genuine way possible.

Her oldest son and her husband have so much in common, she was used to their way of communicating. She preferred their simple and cold honesty and sincerity to that of the malicious and hypocritical greetings from those around her.

"Thank you darling. I'm so happy you made it." Her son was not one to enjoy gatherings but he was here from her anyway and Elizabeth couldn't appreciate it more.

Kathrine stretched out a small box to Elizabeth. She had racked her brain for a week over what to get a woman who already owned everything.

Elizabeth looked at the small delightfully wrapped box in Kathrine's hand in surprise. No one except her husband and sometimes her children gives her present but Elizabeth didn't need them because what could she ever want that she couldn't have. Elizabeth didn't know what the box contained but she couldn't help the feeling of excitement that was bubbling in her stomach.

It's been years since she received a present other than from get husband or her kids.

"Thank you darling. You shouldn't have." Elizabeth was trying to hide the excitement in her voice but was doing a very bad job at it as Authur and Caspian could hear it.

"I'm going to open it now." Elizabeth announced not waiting for anyone's permission before delicately opening the box.

Elizabeth gasped at the sight of what was in front of her. Her excitement only soared as she stared at the item that laid carefully inside the box.
She looked at the item with amazement and a little doubt.

"Is this what I think it is?" Elizabeth asked in amazement.

"I know you are a fan of her work so I thought-"

"It's real?" Elizabeth said as the tip of her finger slowly

Elizabeth took out the small book that lay in the box.

"It's signed." Katherine informed and Elizabeth immediately opened the front cover and let out a gasp at the familiar signature.

"This is Esther De Lacroft's last book. It isn't even out yet. How did your I get it?"

"I got it from her."

"You know Esther?" Elizabeth almost let out a shrill at the new revelation her daughter in-law just gave.

Esther De Lacroft is Elizabeth's mentor. She's been following her book and her stories for years but Esther De Lacroft was secretive. She didn't like to stay in the public eye and it was almost impossible to contact her and the first time she did it was a miracle and after Esther announced that she would be releasing her last book and saying good bye to her works Elizabeth couldn't have been more heartbroken.

"She's my grand aunt." Katherine decided to put it simple instead of going on of telling the whole story if how Esther became like her Yoda.

"You are related?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"How is she like?" Elizabeth eyes were shinning like a kid who was being told a fairy tale.