BONUS CHAPTER : BROKEN AND SLEEPY CONFESSIONS.

KATHERINE'S POV.

"I think that's probably best. The customer taste may be important but we set the trends." Carolina agreed as we decided to change and introduce an original service and product exclusive to our company.

We are already building a well established brand in the city. Now four buildings hold our logo throughout the City and we were doing well. We are the go to cafe for workers, student, average people and we try to cater to the standard of all classes of people. If things keep going like this, we would expand out of the city and even the country in three years.

Carolina was doing a great job planning and executing our vision. She was a workaholic and I would like her to relax a little but she's good at what she does.

I wanted to suggest going out and having some times to ourselves like old time sakes before the twins came, when a thought popped in my head.

"Lina." I called and she hummed in response not taking her eyes off her laptop.

"Is Hunter okay?" That got her to raise her head as she looked at me with raised brows and a look that says that she knows something but isn't willing to tell me.

"Did something happen for you to think that he's not?" She asked carefully.

"I don't know." I shurgged, unsure. "He's just acting... weird?"

"Weird how? Did he say or do something?"

"It's like he's changed since I got pregnant. You think it's because of that?" I asked with worry etched on my face.

"If it's because of that then he can go fuck himself. But I think it's just weird, you know. Caspian doesn't hide it that he doesn't like Hunter and Hunter doesn't hide it that he doesn't like Caspian."

"You think it's because of that?"

"You shouldn't worry yourself about it Katherine. That's between them. It's has nothing to do with you."

"He's avoiding me, you know. He doesn't respond to my text, doesn't call and he hasn't even shown up here at all. The last time I talked to him, he seemed so angry at me, as if he... hates me." Thinking back to that scene made my eyes water but I'm pregnant so I can blame everything on hormones.

Hunter is my friend. My best friend. He was always there for I and Carolina. It's always been the three of us. When I got the news of my pregnancy, I had the courage to even stand because I was sure I had him and Carolina, so it was going to be fine. And now it's like he's just gone. I know when someone doesn't want to see me and Hunter doesn't.

Carolina released a sigh. "I know bae. Hunter has been a prick, hasn't he? I'll talk to him alright?"

"No. I'll talk to him." I said.

"What? You don't have to do that. I can, alright? You are pregnant, I'll take care of it for you." Carolina looked like she was hiding something but my mind was made up. I'll talk to him myself. I don't like the invisible tension and chasm between us, whatever was going on needs to be set and laid down and known. The way we did in college. That's how our friendship grew and lasted.

"No Lina. Trust me. I'll take care of this myself." I said with resolve.

************

"Katherine! " Hunter called barging into my office with a worried look etched on his face. I felt a little guilty but I brushed it off.

"Kat—" he stopped in his tracks as he caught sight of me.

He looked at me for a while to see that I was fine before a confused look replaced the worry on his face.