CHAPTER SIXTY- TWO: WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO NATALIE?

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Things were almost normal in the Montgomery family if you ignored the fact that the second daughter of the Montgomery family was being held by the boss of an Italian mafia or that the wife of Caspian just escaped a life and death situation.

Although Katherine had been discharged from the hospital three days ago after staying there for more than two weeks, she still felt like a patient. She was confined to her bed but she and Caspian strolled during the evenings and she loves it and looks forward to it everyday, she still wanted to do something.

She felt like she'll fall ill if she kept staying in bed. But it was better in the afternoons when Bianca or Carolina came to check on her except Lincoln who has been banned from seeing Katherine because of the time he threw a surprise welcome home party for Katherine when she was discharged. It was sweet until she almost slipped on his decorative balloon that was on the floor and she was saved by Caspian who was standing close by her side.

Caspian sent Lincoln out  of his house faster than the speed of sound and banned him from coming to the house again until notice.

"Don't worry, once you are fully recovered you can go anywhere you want." Bianca consoled as she got herself comfortable in the couch that sat adjacent to the king sized bed.

"I don't think so. Caspian gets worried if I'm not by his side. It's like he gets a panic attack whenever he doesn't know where I am or I'm not in his line of sight." Katherine said remembering the day she had walked out into the home library and a worried Caspian rushed in a few moments later.

"That's expected. You almost died Katherine, that was not easy for him. It wasn't easy for any of us."

"I know." Katherine sighed. She knew Caspian couldn't stop blaming himself for what happened to her, when it wasn't his fault.

Talking about fault...

"What about Natalie?" Even her name tasted like rust on Katherine's tounge and she couldn't help but unconsciously shiver in little fear and anger.

"Umm." Bianca looked at anywhere else but Katherine trying to avoid the question. "Do you want to watch Vampire diaries?" She asked instead.

Katherine frowned at her evasiveness "No, that show's overated. What are you not telling me Bianca?" Katherine asked seriously.

"Overated?" Bianca feigned a gasp and  a hurt expression. "That's one of the best." She tried her best to evade.

"For the love of God Bianca spit it out." Katherine snarled with annoyance and frustrations setting in. Katherine had noticed how everyone had evaded the topic of who did what? And what happened? They were trying to evade talking about Natalie.

"I—" Bianca sighed. "Fine. She's with Vincenzo."

"What? Why?"

"It's complicated. Vincenzo is more like detaining her and guarding her?"

"Detaining? Guarding? What are you talking about?"

"You have no idea how Caspian was when you were unconscious Katherine. He looked hurt and injured and an injured beast is a dangerous one and would attack anyone who they passive is a threat to them. Is there a possibility that Caspian would have killed Natalie that night if she came in front of him? Yes, certainly without a doubt. And beside even if he hadn't seen her, Yuvraj would have gone after her and hunted her down the same way he did Verona"

"I-i-i—"

"If he does that it's something he won't be able to come back from so Vincenzo went after her and took her."