CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE: BY MY SIDE AND YOURS.

THIRD PERSON POV.

It's been two days since Katherine woke up and all seemed fine until Katherine heard from one of the nurses the decision that Caspian had made when she was unconscious and when she had confronted Caspian things had gone a little bit messy

"I know you must hate me." Caspian said with an aching heart.

"Hate you? What made you think that you could make that type of decision, Caspian?" Katherine said in full anger with hot tears now steaming down her face as the thought of the possibility of waking up without her children had decided to sink in at that moment.

"I had to. I had no choice." He came forward, panic and guilt settling in his chest as she cried.

"No you did!"she sobbed.

"I'm sorry. Please don't cry, you need rest." Caspian attempted to touch her.

"Don't touch me!" She pulled her arm away from him.

"They are your kids Caspian. How could you do that? You are their father and they are your children." Her voice reduced down several octaves and she looked at Caspian in disbelief and disappointment.

"I-I-" Caspian had wanted to say something. But what could he say when she was right? They are his and he had been willing to let them go. No father would have done that. No father would do that.

The look in Katherine's eyes sent a thousand blades straight into his heart.

"Leave Caspian. I don't want to see you right now. I can't." Katherine turned her head away from him.

He didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay and explain. But what did he have to explain? That he gave up on his own children? That he was willing to cut them off like they meant nothing?

So instead, he did as she had said and walked out leaving her behind with an injured heart.

**********

Carolina looked at the sad and angry Katherine. She shouldn't involve herself in this. She shouldn't say anything but she just couldn't not say anything when they were both torturing themselves.

"It wasn't fair on him too, you know?"

Katherine turned her attention from looking at the blank space at the white wall to Carolina.

"Making that decision." Carolina added.

"When do you start speaking for Caspian?" Katherine sadly cocked a brow and even with the change in expression, it didn't bring any change to the sadness and fear on her face.

"It's not about speaking for anyone Katherine. You should have seen him when he saw you there lying in your own blood? I didn't really capture his reaction because I was in shock but when you were behind those operation door, he had looked-..." Carolina had paused to try to find a fitting word for it.

"-broken, Lifeless. That wasn't the Caspian any of us are used to."

Katherine's attention were now fully in Carolina.

"When Craig had told him to make a decision between you and the kids. He looked like he was going to fall apart Katherine. I couldn't help but pity him. Caspian Montgomery doesn't seem like the man one can pity."

"No he doesn't." Katherine's voice came as a whisper. She was talking more to herself than she was Carolina.

"I never in my life would have ever thought that Caspian would beg."

"Caspian begged?"

"When the Doctor had told him, he had begged him not to ask him to choose and then he had begged him to save your life."