CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: NIGHTMARES AND DREAMS.

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The blood pulled at her feet and no matter how much she tried to free herself from it hold, its heavy grip only tightened its hold against her body. Her struggles were futile, her screams, her cries, her pleas, her prayers were all vain.
A cold pale body hung over her head, it was the source of the blood and it sat like a statue at the head of a water fountain but instead sprouting blood. That face so familiar but once full of life was so pale it was white and grey.
She could feel the harsh cold emanating from the body and she shook in fear. Now her only purpose was to climb to the body and save it. To stop the waves or blood that were pouring from her body. And she climbed and struggled with all of her strength and the more she climbed the farther sgey became, the more she swam the more she drowned. Left in an endless and futile cycle, she could only make a soundless word as her voice had given up on her and refused to speak.

"Katherine."

Carolina jolt awake and looked around her. It took a while to come to her senses and her chest heaved up and down in heavy breaths. She could hear her heart beats in her head and the sound only sent a piercing headache through her and down her spine. The cold air touched her back and bumps appeared all over her skin and her body shivered with cold in abandon.

The only source of warmth was on her arm but it didn't sink in until the continued sound of a familiar voice rang through the echoing curtain of sound in her head.

"Carolina."

"Carolina, can you hear me?"

"Please answer me, are you okay?" The worried voice asked.

Although the voice seemed to be cutting through the curtain, Carolina didn't feel awake but she could feel the familiar sting of hot liquid trail down her cheeks.

"Carolina." A soft hand caressed her face and she slowly turned to the source of warmth and voice.

Carolina blinked her eyes a few times trying to get herself together. Through a sheen of tears she saw a familiar face that was squeezed up in worry.

"Carolina." He called again and this time the voice didn't seem like a ringing echo, it felt close and warm.

Carolina blinked her eyes in confusion as she identified Lincoln.

"W-What are you doing?" She asked in confusion as she looked around her room. "W-What are you doing here?" She corrected herself.

"You don't remember about last night?"

"Last night?" She asked as confusion settled before panic took over when her head refused to aid her.

"Doesn't matter. You were having a nightmare and you looked like you were struggling and you are also crying." His hand on her face slowly wiped off the tears on her face.

"And you kept calling Katherine's name."

As her mind registered her dream, she shook in fear. She had been so scared because it felt so real and she had felt so helpless.

"Is it about that night?" He asked softly, not pushing but his voice was comforting.

"Yes."

"She's okay now Carolina and safe. Nothing will happen to her, Caspian won't let it."

Carolina groaned as her headache sent chills down her spine.

"You are hung over." Lincoln said as he handed her the glass of water that was on her nightstand.

"I am?" She asked herself, then it came to her as she began to remember last night. She had had a few drinks by her lonesome self and different thoughts had just began to settle in her mind. She had been so busy being worried about Katherine, and now that Katherine was fine and back home, everything had began to sink in. Carolina had tried to bury herself in work and deal with their business but the fatigue and mental exhaustion had caught up to her.