CHAPTER THIRTY: I MISS MY HUSBAND

"I'm fine Caspian." I said for like the thousandth time since yesterday.

His eyes wandered to my now bandaged arm and I could see how the muscles around his jaw moved and his eyes darken.

"I think the bandage is an exaggeration. A band aid would have sufficed." No it wouldn't. Turns out her grip on me left a very large bruise. Her nails had dug into my skin leaving marks me wondering how longs her fixed nails were. But I was trying to make a joke and lighten the mood but Caspian wasn't laughing. The man hardly laughs. I miss his laugh.

Shut up Kathrine!

I couldn't stop wondering about what happened to the woman and her husband. I couldn't ask yesterday as Caspian was so angry I was even so scared to breath. He had taken me to the hospital and asked for a checkup and a scan for the babies and had fawned over me. And I would never admit that I secretly enjoyed it and the thought that he actually cares about me gave me butterflies.

"You'll stay at home to rest. I'll have someone take care of you."

"What!" Like cold water was poured on my body, my blush disappeared and I looked at my husband like he had suddenly grown another head.

"I'm going to work Caspian." I rebutted.

"No." He said with finality but I'll be damned if I accept that.

"I am going to work Caspian and you are not going to stop me." I made am attempt to move but was pulled back by an upset Caspian.

"You got hurt yesterday. I'm not saying you should quit for now."

"For now?!" My eyes widen in horror. He wants me to be a trophy wife? Hell no. "I'm not quitting my work Caspian."

"It's not quitting if you own it tiny."

For some reason that nickname just annoyed me more.

"I'm not tiny!" Ok now that's out of point. " I'm going to work. I'm needed especially now that we are opening a new branch. I can't leave everything for Lina."

"I'll send someone to help her." He offered, more like ordered.

I narrowed my eyes at him and although his face was stoic I could see the amusement in his grey eyes. Arguing with him felt useless.

"I-"

"Think about our babies." He interrupted me.

Damn.  he got me there. You win now. You bossy man. Just for now.

"But you get to go to work." I grumbled under my breath.

"Then I'll stay at home and accompany you." He said surprising me.

He would do that? But Caspian was a workaholic.

"No! Don't stay with me. Who one wants to see your face." I huffed and snickered immediately standing up from the dinning chair and headed   away from my insufferable husband. I was stopped in my tracks as I remembered something.

"Caspian." I called turning back to him. I was suddenly feeling self conscious as his eyes was still on me and I wanted to back out from the question but I had to know.

"What are you going to do to them?"

"Nothing you should worry about." He stood up from his seat and I almost backed away in fear but he pulled me into him and pressed a kiss on my forehead before leaving me alone in the huge dinning.

Why do I feel like there is a lot to be worried about?

******

He said a few days! I thought at least two to three days but it's been a week and my stubborn headed husband wouldn't let me work.
The cafe is fine and everything was under control and according to Carolina, Caspian sent her an assistant and so far all I've heard from her is praises from Carolina.