CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: EVIL VS A GREATER EVIL.

THIRD PERSON POV.

The party didn't come to a half after that fiasco. It just continued like nothing has happened but it didn't stop people from pondering and thinking about it. But it wasn't until after the party that the news of the Moretti stock price plummeting to less than forty percent and rising reached the ears of all. And the news of Moretti being under investigation for money laundering, fraud, tax evasion and a host of things. Things huge enough to bring an end to the Morettis.

Everyone the Morettis once supported from politicians to business giants have left the Morettis to their own fate. Who wanted to be associated with the company that is to he convicted money laundering and is involved in smuggling.

The people didn't wonder long how and why Caspian did it. The truth came out at the end.

The Morettis along with their partner Paul savage were planning big, big enough to bring down the Montgomerys and let them monpolize the industries that the Mont Empire occupies. Turns out that Caspian also planned his Downfall with them all he needed was get enough evidence of all the atrocities the Morettis were involved in or make them be involved in enough evidence that the Morettis wouldn't be able to bribe their way out of.

The event not only re-fortified Caspian's reputation but also gained him more respect. It was no easy feat for a man to destroy a three years conspiracy against his company.

Caspian Montgomery wasn't worried about what people thought of him. He ever has but for the first time he cares about what a certain person thinks of him. Katherine.

Caspian has never been one to explain himself. Even to his father. He left Arthur to figure it out himself but he wanted to explain.

The reason why he wants to be have no idea but he wants to.

"He got what was coming for him." Katherine said.

"What?" Caspian raised his brows.

"He did a lot of illegal things and tried to destroy the company. He got what was coming for him."

Caspian hadn't expected that. Although he is respected now, it didn't change the fact that people feared him more and the more people fears him, the more weary they become of him and humans have never handled feeling helpless, weak or powerless well.

The news was out there, Caspian Montgomery sent his PA to pretend for three years and plan with Moretti to take himself down, then he turned the table and brought a long standing Empire down to the ground and left the lot of Morettis in prison for more crimes than they have the life to serve for.

Caspian didn't do it for justice, he knew this and everyone else did. He did it to ruin them. To destroy the thorn in his side and make sure it never grows again. For someone like Katherine...he couldn't help but wonder how she would perceive him.

"I didn't do it for justice." He said truthfully.

"I know. You did it to protect what was yours. Your family." She looked at him with admiration. "But there's something I don't understand... why would they believe that Yuvy was going to betray you? It's obvious that he is very loyal."

"Because he did betray me."

"What?!" Katherine widened her eyes in shock.

"Not like that. He fed them real secrets. Everything he gave them to bring down the company was real."

"It was?"

"Yes and they did ruin a few things over the years, they got so immersed in the battles they've won. Why would they distrust the man that helped them make the Mont Industries go through some storms? They got carried away by the battles they won."

Katherine still looked confused. It sounded extreme to her and for all these years it didn't seem like the Montgomerys were going through anything. if anything, they thrived.

The look on Katherine's face was enough indication to Caspian that she was confused and the way she squeezed her face only made him want to kiss her hard.

"I don't fight battles Katherine, I only fight wars I intend to win."

His words brought a smile to her lips.

"They get to pay for the illegal things they did. Good wins over evil."

"Good doesn't win over evil. I'm not a good person Katherine. My closet friend is a Mafia Don."

"I know that." Katherine rolled her eyes. It didn't matter for her to argue with him. She have been with Caspian for a while and could see what he does. He wasn't a goody too shoes but he isn't a bad person, that she was very sure of.

"If good doesn't win over evil, then what does?" Katherine asks genuinely curious.

"A greater evil."

The answer didn't surprise Katherine but it wasn't what she was expecting either and his answer fascinated her like every other thing about him does.

Caspian could have done what he did, a different way but he plotted against the Moretti, the way villain in a movie would and at the end made himself look like the good guys who brought the bad guys to Justice.

He makes himself a greater evil to win his battles.

"Kiss me" Katherine said out of the blue.

Caspian would be taken aback if he didn't immediately kiss her the second the words came out of her mouth. No one orders Caspian Montgomery... except one and even she doesn't notice it.

AUTHOR'S CHAT/GIST.

sorry for the short chapter.

Okay then... Bye.🤗🤗🤗

Until the next chapter, How ever far or near it might be.