SDWN 3

Brent Faiyaz - Stay Down

Allure toyed with her silver Van Clef & Arpels necklace, as she stood beside Kyren waiting for one of his family members to open the door. Their new house was gorgeous, it was a 2 story home in the Pearland area—in a developed neighborhood.

"I thought you had a key!" Doris exclaimed as the door swung open, she never minded Kyren and pulled Allure into a big warm embrace. Miss Doris had one of those loving hugs, if you were going through anything her hugs were sure to make you feel better.

Her scent instantly filled Allure's nostrils, she had a scent of plain freshness—almost like clean linen. Her hair was the same texture as Kyren's, she wore it in a fresh twist out.

"You look pretty baby." Doris exclaimed as she eyed Allure with a smile on her bronze face, "Thank you." Allure shyly chuckled, although they were well acquainted Allure still couldn't help but to be nervous. She never had a relationship where she actively spoke with their family.

"What about me?" Kyren threw his hands up, Doris looked him up and down before slightly shrugging, "You alright, you just Joesph son." She joked, causing them to laugh.

Allure stepped into the house and took off her shoes, she placed the pair neatly by the door leaving her in her socks.

"Your daddy is in the back Bubba." Doris announced calling Kyren by his family proclaimed nickname as she walked into the kitchen, Allure found her way to the living room and sat on the couch. "Alright ma, Imma let y'all be." Kyren said before kissing his mother's cheek and heading to the back.

"Something smells good ma." Allure complimented as she looked at the television, a lifetime movie played—from what Allure could see it was one of those movies where the baby sitter became obsessed with the kid they were watching and tried to steal the kid.

"I made smothered chicken thighs." Doris announced as she walked toward Allure with a plate of food. Chicken thighs, macaroni and cheese, turnip greens, and a square piece of cornbread.

"Thank you." Allure smiled as she got up from the couch, when she did stay with her grandmother, her grandmother was heavy on not eating in the living room. Even though it was raggedy—she always preached about appreciating and taking care of what you have so God can bless you with more.

"Where you going?" Doris lifted her eyebrow, "To the dining room...I don't want to mess up the sofa." Allure explained.

Doris chuckled, "You're Fine Baby, I greatly appreciate it though." Allure still went to sit at the dining room table, it wouldn't feel right to her. She also wasn't hungry, but didn't want to come off as disrespectful to her mother in law.

"So." Doris smiled as she pulled out a chair next to Allure, "You think I'll have me a grand baby soon?" She questioned.

Allure nervously giggled, as newlyweds kids were in question a lot these days—even from coworkers. Allure felt like the pressure was high, everyone was asking her when and she had that same question. They didn't use condoms and they were intimate often.

Allure often scared herself wondering if she was infertile, she'd never been pregnant and wondered if it was because God was on her side—or if something was wrong.

"Hopefully." Allure replied, that was the same answer she was giving herself.

"I know Bubba wants kids—I'm sure you two will be amazing parents." Doris went on, Allure smiled. She always knew the kind of mother she'd be—the opposite of everything her mother was.

"Lord knows I can't wait—you know Jay has a little girl, but he got so much going on with her mama that we don't get to see her." Doris explained, Allure nodded her head. Jay was Kyren's older brother. Kyren was a middle child—which explained a lot. It went Jay, Kyren, and Daniel.