SDWN 27

Beyoncé - That's How You Like It

"I don't even feel like going to work today." Allure mumbled to Maiya through the phone, she tied her old silk press up with a claw clip and decided to do dramatic with baby hairs. She used a mini flat iron to curl the tiny hairs  before slicking them down with spritz—it was her newfound method. She pulled out side burns on each side before putting the top on her spritz and sticking it under the sink.

Kyren ended up coming back home 30 minutes later, but the two didn't say much to each other. And once they got up to get ready for work, there was still no conversation. He kissed Allure's stomach without saying a word to her, before he left for work. Allure didn't know what to say, she wasn't sorry for saying what she said—honestly, she was only mad because he was mad.

"Don't go then, come to the store instead." Maiya suggested, Allure eyed herself in the mirror as she thought about it. She grabbed her phone from the counter and went to her message thread with Taylor.

Morning...Do you work today?

                          Morning and no

Can you please take my shift? I'll buy you lunch😭

                                I got you girl, I want Cava for lunch when you come back👀 lol

"Yeah, imma do that." Allure announced to Maiya as she went to take off her scrubs, she traded her scrub top for an army green wolford bodysuit. She traded her scrub bottoms for a pair of black boyfriend jeans, and on her feet were a pair of Lanvin's.

"You want breakfast?" Maiya questioned, Allure was glad she asked because it reminded her to take her prenatal pills. "Yes please." Allure replied as she threw her crossbody bag over her body. She grabbed her keys and headed out the door, oddly she and Maiya stayed on the phone the whole time. Since Maiya was stuck in the drive through line, Allure made it to the store before her. She turned on the open light, before moving around the store turning on the other lights and putting together the display of the day. She decided to light one of her favorite candle scents—Cashmere Vanilla.

Allure smiled as she eyed herself in the mirror, her baby bump was on full display. She couldn't wait to have her baby in her arms—but she wasn't rushing, Chunk could take all the time they needed to be perfectly baked. The door swinging open snapped Allure out of her thoughts, Allure's mouth watered when she saw the Whataburger bag in her friend's hand.

"Here y'all go." Maiya announced, she refused to only address Allure. She always included baby Chunk—it was cute. Allure wasted no time rummaging through the bag, she pulled out her hashbrowns first and then her honey butter chicken biscuit.

"Thank you." Allure voiced as she cracked open her simply orange juice. She took a small sip before taking her prenatal pill, and digging into her food.

"I'm so fuckin mad." Maiya randomly announced, Allure furrowed her eyebrows together before asking, "Why?"

"Cause I went to that new nail shop for a new set, and they look like fuckin teeth!" Maiya semi yelled, sticking her hands in Allure's face. Allure laughed once she got a view of them. "I should've known..everybody can't do perfect short square." Maiya added.

Allure furrowed her eyebrows together, "Bitch why you get short square?" Maiya was a long to extra long kinda girl, Allure couldn't recall seeing her with super short nails until now.