SDWN 53

SZA - Nobody Gets Me

"We might have to close the store down early so we can go talk to the lady or some shit." Allure spoke as she ran her fingers through her brand new install, she went back to the basics after her wig and decided on a regular leave out sew in. "Fuck talking to the lady, we needa go up the mountain to save our marriages." Maiya replied causing them to laugh.

Both girls definitely didn't expect their new year to be starting like this, it was almost as if someone flipped a switch and made their relationships hit rocky ground.

"That shit so crazy though, like how did he know where you were?" Maiya questioned, Allure sighed as she scratched her head. "We have each other's locations—the whole reason he popped up was so he could give me my wallet, because I accidentally left it at home." Allure replied, she got a flashback of looking up at Kyren with the Goyard cardholder in his right hand.

"Bitch when you told me that shit I damn near stopped breathing—I just knew your head was going between the washer and dryer." Maiya spoke, Allure lightly chuckled before blowing her breath. The situation was giving her so much anxiety, every time she thought about it it felt like her chest was tightening up. Everything happened so fast too, she felt like she only remembered bits and pieces. She could still feel the gust of cold air that ran down her spine when she reached to the right over her to pull up her daughter's blanket—ironically after that cold gust of air was when all hell broke loose. She warmed up faster than a Texas summer day.

"Now that I think about it, I ran out them people restaurant without paying." Allure spoke, Maiya chuckled, "Now what if they put your picture outside the restaurant and say you dine and dash?" She questioned, Allure kissed her teeth before waving her friend off with a slight laugh.

"But look, I'm confused—how did y'all end up at the restaurant?" Maiya questioned. Allure realized when she called her friend, she was distraught and probably left out a lot of details, so she didn't mind the questions. "We didn't plan to meet up, we just so happened to be there at the same time—he walked his ass over and slid in the empty side of my booth and started venting about Aria." Allure explained.

The more she thought about it, she wished she shut the whole conversation down. She wasn't the biggest fan of Aria anyway, and the conversation definitely wasn't worth getting into it with her husband. "Bitch I didn't even tell you this man sent me a song." Allure announced.

"Moo?" Maiya raised her eyebrow, Allure nodded her head yes. "Girl—please let me hear it." Maiya added, lightly chuckling.

"I deleted the thread." Allure replied, she grabbed her Starbucks cup and downed the last of her matcha like it was a shot of henny, lord knows she needed a few right now. She watched as Maiya grabbed her phone, Allure assumed she was going to her Apple Music app.

"He just dropped this tape last week—yep, Allure's interlude, track three." She spoke as she clicked on the song. The sample of the Dru Hill song started playing, just as Allure remembered. Allure cringed as she listened to the song, this definitely wasn't a part of her life that she was willing to go back to.

"The last time we had sex I was hoping you'd call me about a baby, I pulled out but I was hoping at least one of my lil soldiers made it." Moo rapped, "Damn." Maiya spoke as she paused the song and sat her phone down.

"I knew this would happen—him missing you. You're the one that got away." She added, just before Allure was about to reply a few customers walked in. The girls put a pause on their conversation and went to assist their customers.