SDWN 10

J. Cole - She's Mine Pt 1

"Oh yeah, she definitely got kids at home but she eating before she go home so she won't have to share." Kyren spoke, causing Allure to laugh. This was something they did a lot, they'd spot random people wherever they were and make inferences about their lives. The two were currently having dinner, they sat on the same side of the booth to get a better view of everyone.

"What about him?" Allure questioned as she used her head to point in that direction, Kyren looked at the man for a moment.

"He look like a truck driver, I doubt he stay around here. I know he be fuckin lot lizards though." Kyren explained, Allure laughed—he'd always go into the most random detail, it was hilarious to her.

"You see her right there?" Kyren questioned, Allure nodded her head without looking. She was too busy sipping her iced lemon water.

"She look like she had a hard life, gorgeous lady—but life just caught up to her, she definitely been out here for years though." Kyren spoke, causing Allure to look up. She knew that face from anywhere, it was her mother. But she wasn't in the same state she saw her in a few years ago, Jackie was a crackhead again.

"That's my mama." Allure announced, she couldn't believe it. Her skin wasn't smooth and her hair wasn't styled perfectly, Allure felt like she was 7 years old again. Sitting on her aunts car as her aunt drove past a random corner and said "You wanted to see your mama, look at her! A fuckin junkie" 7 year old Allure would look out the window to see her mother looking terrible, acting out her mind.

It was worse when she got to the age where everyone around her had phones, they'd record Jackie and put her on social media and then clown Allure and Char for it.

"I wanna go home." Allure announced above a whisper as tears cascaded down her face, "I wanna go home please." She spoke again, Kyren dug into his wallet and dropped the money down on the table before guiding Allure out the restaurant. By now Allure was full on crying.

This confirmed that her mother would only stay clean for men, she was high and mighty with Felix, but now that they weren't a thing anymore she was back to regular Jackie. Allure could admit she never healed from any of the trauma with her mother, and especially not when she saw her in Mexico. So this very moment hurt her feelings, again.

Allure's tear filled eyes watched as Kyren drove, oddly enough they got caught in traffic. She could tell Kyren didn't know what to say, so he kept his hand on her thigh, slightly rubbing it.

"Why she don't give a fuck about her kids?" Allure cried out, not only was she upset but her inner child was upset as well.

"What did we do to her?" Allure cried, Kyren swerved out of traffic and pulled into a random parking lot. He got out the car and pulled Allure into his arms.

"It's not your fault baby...I promise." Kyren repeated as he held Allure in his arms, he didn't relate to the situation being that he grew up with both of his parents being together and active—but he still comforted Allure the best way he knew how.

ᥫ᭡

Allure slowly blinked her eyes as she woke up from her slumber, the bedroom was cold and dark—the only light source was from the tv in the living room that was visible since the bedroom door was lightly cracked. Allure sat up and realized Kyren managed to change her out of her clothes and exchange them for a big t shirt. He even went as far as putting her bonnet on her head and taking off her jewelry. She noticed he was sitting on the edge of the bed, taking hits from a blunt.