SDWN 40

Jazmine Sullivan - Let It Burn

After Avi passed her car seat test, she was discharged from the hospital. She'd only spent about 3 days in the Nicu. Although the couple preferred to be bringing her to their new home, things didn't play out like that. And she came earlier than expected, so it wasn't going to happen anyway. Allure was just happy to finally have her healthy baby girl in her arms. "Your first car ride mama." Kyren cooed as he held the camera at a good enough angle, Allure made sure she was securely strapped in before she shut the door.

"Remember the doctor said her first appointment at the pediatrician is on Thursday." Kyren voiced, Allure lightly chuckled as she fastened her seatbelt. "I remember." She replied.

"I'm just making sure." Kyren replied, Allure smiled as she looked over at him. She loved seeing him in daddy mode. Before they discharged her this morning he woke up and picked out an outfit and put it on her himself—it was too cute seeing him so active.

"You got a song you wanna hear?" Kyren questioned as he handed his wife his phone, Allure went to the Apple Music app and landed on the search page, "What's the song where he be like I'm swerving in Dallas?" Allure asked.

Kyren looked at his wife before bursting out into laughter, Allure held a confused expression on her face for a second but couldn't help but to join in on the laughter. "That man do not say that shit bae." Kyren spoke, still laughing.

"What he say?" Allure questioned, Kyren continued to laugh. Allure kissed her teeth before laughing, "It ain't that funny."

"He say I'm swerving it daily." Kyren corrected her, Allure laughed as she waved him off, "I was close," she reasoned. Shortly, the two made it to the condo. Allure didn't realize how much of a task carrying the car seat through the halls would be until now. Kyren unlocked the door and let Allure in first, everything was still in the condition they left it in—neat.

"Can you record when I take her out the car seat? I wanna catch her newborn scrunch." Allure spoke, Kyren slightly furrowed his eyebrows together before asking, "What's that?"

"You'll see." Allure smiled, Kyren did as told, pointing the camera in that direction. Allure unbuckled her from the seat before gently lifting her up, her heart melted as she watched Avi scrunch her little body up. "My babyyy." Allure cooed before kissing her forehead, she sat on the couch, keeping her baby in her arms.

"When you gone open the rest of your gifts?" Kyren questioned, motioning his head to the gifts that sat on top of the island. "You can take her while I do it right now." Allure replied, on the island was 3 large flat brown boxes and an orange Louis Vuitton shopping bag. She decided to open the boxes first, inside of them were framed photos from her maternity photoshoot. The first one that caught her eye was the picture of her and Kyren.

"Awww." She cooed, "I love it pa." She added, continuing to stare at that photos. They looked so professional, like they were straight out of a magazine spread.

"I know you said you wanted a picture wall when we move into the house." Kyren cheesed, causing Allure to do the same. She said it so long ago, she didn't expect him to remember and put action on it.

"Open this one." He spoke, bring the orange shopping closer to her. Allure sat the picture in her hand to the side before digging into the bag. She grabbed the small box and undid the blue ribbon before opening it, inside was a mini pochette in monogram print with a cute painted design on it, "That's for Chunk." He explained, Allure nodded her head as she looked at the cute little purse. She sat it to the side and moved onto the next box, inside was a wallet. She knew it had to be from their newer collection because she'd never saw it before. At the bottom of the bag was a stack of cash.