SDWN 42

Tink - Bonnie And Clyde

Allure rubbed Kyren's face as she looked at him, the light from the windows that showcased the city shined on them, being the only source of light in the condo. Light rain sounded, putting the two in a relaxed state. "I read a book about that." Allure announced as he finger gently brushed over the tattoo above his eye, "Sonder?" Kyren questioned, Allure nodded her head yes.

"Yeah, it's called Clara's story—she basically realized what sonder was and started looking at the world different, it was good." Allure spoke, since date nights couldn't be spent outside these days, they made sure to continue that intimate time in the house. "That shit definitely changes your outlook on life, I don't think I haven't stopped and wondered what somebody's reality was while in public since I learned what that shit meant." Kyren spoke.

"I feel like it aids me in being a better person too...you never know what somebody is going through internally." Allure spoke as she moved to his ear, and began to toy with it. The flashing lights of a plane caught their attention, they didn't live too far from the airport so this wasn't out the norm for them.

"Planes too." Kyren randomly spoke, Allure raised her eyebrow. "What you mean?" She questioned.

"You ever wonder who's flying over you? Like think about all the times Beyoncè coulda been flying over you and you never even knew." Kyren spoke, his eyes continued to watch the plane. "Every time im on a plane I wonder what's everybody's destination and why."

"New job...vacation, escaping from something toxic, meeting someone they met off the internet for the first time." Kyren went on, Allure continued to rub on him as she listened to him talk. She loved listening when he spoke, he was one of those people that could paint a vivid picture just with his words. The rain started to pick up, catching Allure's attention.

"I love rain." Allure announced, rain was so calming to her—even thunderstorms. It was a reminder that a bit of rain was required to grow and that storms always passed, and left something beautiful after. "My grandpa was an electrician, so when it rained while we were at his house he'd make us turn everything off and sit in silence." Kyren spoke before chuckling to himself.

"That must be an old southerner thing, because my grandma did that too—then we'd do shit like have a talent show till it stopped raining." Allure chuckled, reflecting on the memories. "Imma be like that when I'm old." Kyren voiced, causing them to laugh. Allure took her hands off of her husband and grabbed the baby monitor, she was surprised to see that Chunk was still peacefully sleeping. This was the longest she'd ever slept through the night, Allure silently rejoiced for the mini milestone

"You see social media having that 50/50 talk again?" Kyren questioned, Allure sat the baby monitor back on the coffee table, "Yeah—as always." Allure replied.

Kyren chuckled, "How would you describe what we do?" He questioned, Allure slightly tilted her head to the side as she thought about it.

"I think we do what works for us, especially since we're both bread winners. 50/50 is only a big thing when the relationship consists of a bread winner and a leach. We both contribute one hundred percent to different tasks." Allure replied.

"Heavy on the we do what works for us." Kyren spoke, "You thought about my offer yet?" He asked.

"No." Allure truthfully answered, she liked the idea—but wondered how the transition would go. From working a 9-5 everyday since she was 15, to her job being her family. The more she thought about it at this moment, the more she grew fond of it. "You'll get to go to Target real early when they put their new shit out." Kyren cooed as he playfully pinched Allure's cheek, causing her to laugh.