SDWN 32

SWV - All Night Long

Allure eyed her husband as he skimmed through the menu of the restaurant they were dining at, they'd both never been before. It was recommended to Kyren by one of his colleagues. From Allure's brief scan at the menu and the decorations that dressed the inside, she realized it was a creole based restaurant.

"Act like this is your first time meeting me." Allure instructed, Kyren coolly chuckled as he nodded his head, "Bet." He got up from the booth and slid back in like he hadn't already been sitting there.

"Wassup." He greeted, Allure tried her best to contain her laugh. "Hey." She replied.

"You mixed? Cause you look half fine half mine." Kyren goofily flirted, causing them to laugh. People glanced over at them, but they didn't care. "Sir, I'm pregnant." Allure replied.

Kyren shrugged his shoulders, "Shit, so. I'm good with kids—Wassup with you and me?" He spoke, reaching for Allure's hand.

"Is that a wedding ring?" Allure playfully snatched her hand away, Kyren looked down at his hand. "It's a class ring." He joked, they let out another loud laugh.

"My baby daddy already took me to Australia and Italy—where you gone take me?" Allure spoke, "The moon." Kyren answered. Allure kissed her teeth before laughing and playfully waving him off. They broke character once the food came, Allure wasted no time digging into her shrimp and grits. Pan seared shrimp on a bed of savory grits. It was her first time having it so she didn't have anything to compare it to, but it was definitely good. They indulged in conversation as they enjoyed their meals, once lunch was over they headed to Nordstrom's baby section since they were in the market for a stroller and car seat duo.

Allure loved the mall, although a lot of the stores weren't hitting on shit due to e-commerce. The mall was oddly nostalgic for her, even though she didn't grow up rich she remembered frequenting the mall every weekend. It was definitely better back then, but she still enjoyed it. "I remember this used to be limited too." Allure pointed out as they walked passed the blacked out store, the blacked out windows allowed her to catch a glimpse of her 6th month pregnant belly.

"My sweet baby." Allure spoke as she rubbed her stomach, "She moving?" Kyren asked, Allure shook her head no.

"No, I was just admiring how big she's getting." Allure answered as they made their way to the baby section, display strollers were lined up and calling their names. "Could you see me carrying this around?" Allure questioned as she walked around modeling the empty car seat.

Kyren coolly chuckled, "Yeah, you look good but it's not about what look good. It's about what's best for Chunk."

"They all do the same thing Kyren—the best bet is to get one that looks nice." Allure replied, slightly annoyed with his answer.

"This one swivels out so you won't have to break your back getting her in and out the car." Kyren spoke singling out a specific stroller, it was the orbit baby stroll and ride G5. "Or what about this? It comes with the stroller and car seat." He suggested, pointing at a Nuna mixx next stroller.

"I like this one." Allure spoke, motioning toward the Mima Xari stroller. It was a dark peanut butter color with gold hardware. Kyren shook his head no, "It's impractical—it's not even no space for the baby bag to go at the bottom."

"Because it's storage compartments built in at the bottom." Allure said, pointing to the bottom of the stroller.

"That lil ass space." Kyren replied, eyeing Allure. "And it comes with a diaper bag that you're supposed to put on the handles." Allure never minded what he was saying.