SDWN 43

Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got

Allure downed the last drop of her moet before sitting the glass back on the table, light jazz and conversation filled the room but for Allure it was background nose as her mind raced. She grabbed her phone from the table to see that she'd now been waiting for an hour and a half.

"Would you like to order now ma'am?" The waiter asked, causing her to look up. Allure shot him a friendly smile as she shook her head no, "I'd actually like my bill—if that's fine."

"Okay, I'll be back—no dinner to take home with you tonight?" He questioned, he was honestly so nice. Allure decided long ago she'd let him have all the cash in her purse as a tip, which was probably about $100.

"No thank you." Allure assured, he gave her a warm smile before dipping off. Allure sighed as she ran her finger over the rim on the wine glass. In close to no time, he came back with the bill, Allure quickly slid her card into the bill holder and handed it to him.

"I hope you have a goodnight ma'am." He smiled as he handed Allure back her card, "Thank you, same to you." Allure replied. She signed her receipt copy, and as promised she left him a $100 tip. She grabbed her Fendi clutch and made her way out of the restaurant. Feeling annoyed—she could've spent that time with her daughter and husband. She stood at the valet and waited for them to bring Kyren's car around. Allure hopped in and wasted no time pulling off.

No music playing left her deep in her thoughts. Terrance stood her up and didn't bother to reply to any of her texts or calls. She wasn't super upset—it was just an inconvenience. Once she made it home, she slipped out of her outfit and exchanged it for a lounge outfit.

"You back early." Kyren pointed out, Allure shrugged as she began to take off her jewelry. "He didn't show up." She replied.

"I'm sorry babe." Kyren spoke as he took his wife into his arms, Allure inhaled before she deeply sighed. As always she felt safe in her husband's arms, nothing mattered or bothered her at this moment. "You want me to call him?" Kyren questioned.

Allure briefly chuckled, "I called and texted him." She spoke before shrugging. This gave her the same feeling that she got when they'd see Jackie at the store, super strung out which was unbeknownst to Allure at the time, and she'd promise she would come pick up Allure and Char the following day—but of course she never came. Young Allure would pack her backpack, even while her aunt and grandmother told her "Jackie ass ain't coming to get you."

Kyren pulled away and kissed his wife's forehead, causing her to weakly smile. "What did you and Chunk do?" She questioned.

"She had a blowout diaper—that shit stressed me out." Kyren answered, Allure chuckled before asking, "Why?"

"You usually handle the blowouts, so I was nervous on if I was doing it right or not—I ended up just giving her a bath." Kyren lightly chuckled, "She been slumped ever since too." He added, Allure playfully pouted. She missed tonight's nighttime routine for some bullshit. Allure grabbed the baby monitor as they made their way to the living room.

"In better news, we walk through the house tomorrow." Allure squealed, they'd finally beat a timeframe. Terry told them the walk through would be in a month, but they ended up getting a call two weeks later giving them the green light to walk through whenever they had the free time.

"It's been a long time coming." Kyren sang, causing Allure to laugh. She made a mental note to start packing up before she hired movers. "We taking any of this furniture?" Allure questioned.

Kyren shook his head no, "All new everything—I been having some of this shit since I lived in Houston." Allure heard what he said, but she wasn't focused on it—she was focused on him, and how good he looked. She traded her spot on the couch for his lap. She was a few days passed her six weeks mark and ready for pleasure.