SDWN 9

Miles Davis - Blue In Green

"The shit niggas do for love, we sleeping on this hard ass floor trynna catch a burglar." Melo spoke, Kyren looked over at him and shook his head before laughing. They definitely were sleeping on the floor, but Kyren didn't mind. It was for his wife and he had his fair share of sleeping on the floor before.

"Ion even know why I'm here, cause her ass hate me now." He added.

"Cause nigga, you my brother." Kyren waved him off, "And I told yo ass to get air mattress before we came." He added.

"It's Tuesday...If the nigga don't come rob this bitch by Thursday, I'm done." Melo complained, causing Kyren to laugh.

"You lame as fuck." Kyren spoke as he grabbed his phone, since he wasn't falling asleep next to Allure he found that he couldn't sleep. He was dry up watching random YouTube videos. He always knew he was up later than intended when he started watching that primitive survival tool channel.

"You been getting play since you moved out here?" Kyren asked to keep the conversation going, in their adolescence. Melo always had a girlfriend, long term at that. Kyren assumed it was because he was a cancer, just like his mother. They loved long term relationships—Doris had been with Joseph since they were 18.

Kyren often felt like that's what fueled him wanting to run through women when he was younger, his father never held back when talking to his sons and often expressed that he felt like his younger years were robbed from him. Especially since by age 25 he had two kids.

"Something like that." Melo answered, Kyren furrowed his eyebrows together, "What you mean?"

"Play always gone come but I been focusing on feeling out the area first." Melo explained, "Almost started talking to a hoe from oak Cliff till I realized that shit was the hood." He added, Kyren laughed. He was about to respond until he was interrupted by the sound of someone pulling at the door handle.

"Fuck was that?" Kyren questioned as he sat up, Melo shrugged as he threw the quilted blanket off of him. The two got up and headed to the front to see what it was.

"Oh shit." Melo called out, "Her ass took long enough, I forgot I even ordered that shit." He added as he pushed the door open to retrieve his door dash order.

"Had me thinking we done caught somebody." Kyren chuckled as he shook his head, he slowly dived on the floor back onto the pallet he'd made out of a few blankets and a pillow. He made a mental note to pick up an air mattress when he got off of work tomorrow.

"I be getting hungry as shit at night." Melo announced as he pulled his food out the bag, it was late so he must've settled for McDonald's. "Lately I ain't been able to eat too late or super early, shit weird."

"Glad my stomach ain't got no open and closing time." Melo spoke as he took a bite of his burger, "Just hurry up and eat nigga, the smell of that shit got my stomach twisting."

ᥫ᭡

Kyren knitted his eyebrows at the blank patient chart, he looked at the second sheet to see that one was blank as well. He gently knocked on the door as he opened it, he used his free hand to cut on the light. A smile covered his face once he saw Allure sitting on the bed with a smile on her smooth face.

"I missed you." She spoke as she opened her arms, Kyren positioned himself in between her legs and pulled her into a warm embrace. Her fragrance filled his nostrils, he picked up woody, vanilla, and white floral notes.