SDWN 21

Snoh Aalegra - I Want You Around

It wasn't a trip to Houston unless Allure and Kyren stopped at Timmy Chan's, a local Chinese restaurant. There wasn't one in Dallas so it was always a joy to Allure to stop by, especially now since she was pregnant. "I feel like this baby gone be 8 pounds." She announced as she reached for her red Kool Aid and took a sip.

"I was thinking 10." Kyren coolly chuckled, causing Allure to do the same. She didn't mind though, she loved fat babies with chubby cheeks. It seemed like fat babies ran in the Wood family, because all of Doris and Joseph's boys were chunky when they were babies. The pain of the labor process didn't cross her mind too often, she had a high pain tolerance so she wasn't worried and it was for her baby, so it wasn't an issue.

Allure chuckled as she watched Kyren struggle to use his chopsticks, "Like this." She spoke, positioning her chopsticks in her hand to give him a correct representation. She watched as he attempted to mirror her.

"I can't do that shit." Kyren shook his head before trading the chopsticks for a fork, Allure stopped him—reaching her arm across the table to guide his hands.

"This finger in front so you can pick up the food." She spoke as she helped him position his fingers, he looked up at Allure with a big smile on his face once he finally got the swing of it.

"How you learn that?" He questioned, Allure shrugged. "I just taught myself one day." She honestly answered. She was a visual learner, it only took her a couple times to see something and one practice run for her to have it down packed. She'd been like that since a child.

"I hope our kids smart like you." Kyren announced before biting from his chicken wing, Allure furrowed her eyebrows. "You're pretty smart too." She spoke, and he was.

"Something like that, but you street and book smart. I feel like I'm common sense and street smart—I know yo grades were good in school." He spoke.

"They were." Allure slightly shrugged, having good grades made her feel accomplished when she was younger. She couldn't look forward to the newest shoe release, or the latest hairstyle but she could look forward to seeing nothing less than a B on every assignment she turned in—it made her proud of herself.

"See." Kyren spoke, "My shit was terrible, I really feel like that's why I get imposter syndrome sometimes."

"You feel like you're not supposed to be a physician?" Allure questioned, Kyren nodded his head yes—which surprised her.

"Why not?" Allure asked, Kyren sighed before sipping his purple Kool Aid. "I ain't make good grades in school, shit just wasn't interesting to me. I never understood the curriculum—I just applied common sense to it." He explained.

"Everybody learns differently, you see how far that method got you." Allure replied. "I ain't start that method till college, I ain't wanna fuck around when I was paying for the class." He added, causing them to laugh.

"You're way smarter than what you give yourself credit for babe, I don't know anybody that can explain stocks better than you." Allure chuckled. Kyren had taught her a lot, it seemed like he had the answer for every question and if he didn't—he'd research so they could learn together.

"I'm alert when it comes to some money, always been like that." He replied, making them laugh. Once Allure grew full she closed her styrofoam plate and slightly pushed it away.

"I been thinking about having an at home natural birth." Allure announced, it was something she planned since doing her own research on hospital births versus at home births when she was in college.