SDWN 49

Jill Scott - A Long Walk

Allure dropped the bottles of apple juice in her purse before unlocking the door to the store, oddly she was in before Maiya this morning, so she did all the things Maiya usually did. Turn on the lights as well as the display lights, light a candle from the newest collection, and place the gold metal shopping bags by the door for easy customer access. She turned on the computer and took a seat behind it before grabbing her breakfast.

On the way there she stopped at the donut shop and got something for her and Maiya. She ordered them both donut holes and apple juice. She figured you couldn't go wrong with that combination. The door swung open and caught her attention, in walked Maiya sporting her purse on her shoulder and an iced coffee in her hand, she held a slight smirk on her face which confused Allure.

"What bitch?" Allure chuckled as she twisted off the white top to her juice and took a small sip. "Bitch why you ain't tell me Kyren jumped on Terrance!" She exclaimed before letting out a laugh, she laughed so hard that she leaned over the counter.

"Bitch it was a lot to process, Kyren's ass ended up in jail and all." Allure chuckled, the situation wasn't funny, the way Maiya was laughing was. "I got you some donuts and a juice." She added, motioning her head toward the white paper bag and simply bottle.

"Thank you—and that's where he was that night he wasn't answering the phone?" Maiya replied as she grabbed the shipping labels Allure freshly printed out, Allure nodded her head yes.

"Is Ant mad? I don't want it to be no big ass elephant in the room while we're on the trip." Allure spoke, it was all she could think about honestly.

"Ant is a very understand each side kinda person, as a husband he would've probably did the same to my daddy but as a son—I honestly don't think he cares, he fought Terrance ass before too." Maiya spoke before throwing a donut hole in her mouth, "One thing about Kyren, he don't play about Allure." Maiya added with a slight chuckle.

"And don't." Allure boasted, proud to have such a husband. She was being treated good and fucked even better, life was good. "I think imma call Ant though." Allure announced.

Maiya nodded her head, her mouth was occupied by chewing while she cracked open her juice. Once she swallowed she took a sip of juice.

"Imma call him right now." Allure announced as she reached for phone, their first customer of the morning came in and while Allure headed to the back, Maiya went to aid the customer. Allure pressed the speaker button and listened to the call back sound as she waited for her brother to pick up.

"Hello." Ant answered the phone, it sounded as if he'd just woken up, his voice was groggy and deeper than usual. "Hey—I can call you back when you fully wake up." Allure suggested.

"I'm up now." Ant lightly chuckled, "I was planning on reaching out to you anyway." He added, the phone went silent for a minute, mostly because Allure didn't know what to say. Ant was still half sleep so he didn't mind.

"I heard what happened." Ant sniffled before he started to chuckle, "Yeah, that's why I was calling. I was hoping it wasn't no static cause of that." Allure spoke.

"Naw it ain't no static, I done got out there with Terrance ass before too." Ant explained, Allure nodded her head as if he could see her. "Nigga mouth get a lil too reckless sometimes." He added.