SDWN 52

Beyoncé - Resentment

Maiya eyed herself in the mirror as she slipped her satin bonnet over her head, in a matter of a few days life had completely taken a turn. She skipped out on her lash appointment, leaving her only with a few lashes on each eye. She made a mental note to just take them off so at least she wouldn't look how she felt.

In the mirror she saw Ant walk in the bathroom of course without saying a word to her. The couple wasn't doing much talking after returning home from New York. The tension was so intense, it made a major elephant in the room every time they were together. Maiya wasn't close to being over the feeling of embarrassment that she felt at that table. The exact moment continued to play in her mind, especially when she was trying to sleep. The way Allure's eyes widened, Melo stopped drinking, and Mel's shady smirk.

Maiya snapped out of her daze and removed her robe, leaving her in her silk pajama set before hanging it on the designated robe hook. She cut off the light, leaving Ant in there by himself. She pushed her MacBook to the side before sliding on the bed. It wasn't long before a mad Ant came storming out the bathroom with anger written all over his face. "Fuck you turn off the light for? I was still in there." He fussed.

The only time they had any form of communication was for small petty arguments like this, that wouldn't last long. And were usually at the end of the day when they both came home.

"My bad." Maiya shrugged as she grabbed her Starbucks tumbler cup that was housing her iced water and took a small sip. Just before Ant was about to speak again, their house alarm went off followed by the sound of gun shots firing out. Maiya's eyes widened as her adrenaline began to rush. "Get in the closet!" Ant yelled as he grabbed his gun from the dresser.

"But you need help!" Maiya protested, she knew what this life came with. Although they weren't on the best terms, she still wasn't gonna let him tackle this alone. She wasn't going to the gun range alongside him for nothing, she knew how to shoot and she was ready to do just that. "Get in the fuckin closet Maiya!" Ant yelled before fleeing the room, without further conversation Maiya grabbed her phone and headed toward the closet. Her stomach turned in knots as she listened to the commotion around her. She wished she could call the cops, but knew that would only lead to them questioning Ant and they didn't need that.

Foot steps neared the closet, causing her to hold her breath, she knew in her soul that it wasn't Ant. She was forced to listen as they ransacked through her belongings. Familiar footsteps sounded, before more shots fired out. Tears cascaded down Maiya's face as she heard someone put their hand on the closet door handle, the door slowly swung open revealing Ant.

Maiya immediately popped up and pulled him into a hug, "What happened?" She questioned as she sniffled, once she noticed Ant wasn't hugging her back she pulled away. She eyed him with knitted eyebrows and he eyed her back with an intense scowl on his face. He sized her up like he had never seen her before or like she was an opponent of his.

"You sent them niggas to my house?" Ant questioned as he looked at Maiya in disgust, Maiya stepped back even further and continued to look at him in disbelief, "What the fuck are you talking about Anthony?" She questioned.

"How I know you ain't set that shit up?" He questioned, "You a dangerous person—you'll fuck somebody over and smile in they face." He added. Maiya stood there on the verge of tears, she couldn't believe how Ant was acting.

"Get the fuck out of my face Anthony." Maiya spoke as she pushed passed him, her feelings were beyond hurt. She oddly thought the home invasion would bring them together, but apparently it was drifting them even further apart. "How dare you ask me some shit like that! If you gone be mad about the abortion then be mad at that but don't start adding other shit to this." Maiya fussed as she inched closer to him.