SDWN 44

Lloyd - Year Of The Lover

Allure pushed her feet into the only pair of house slippers that weren't packed away. 2 weeks later the condo was pretty much all packed up. Boxes filled with their possessions took over the living room. Kyren decided to donate the bigger stuff like the bar stools, the washer and dryer, TV, and a few other things since they were getting all new everything. She walked out to the living room and went through a maze of boxes to join Kyren on the couch.

"It's so weird not having the coffee table right there." Allure voiced, Kyren's glasses sat on his face as he focused completely his MacBook. "I know." Kyren coolly chuckled.

"You gone donate this too?" Allure questioned as she patted the sofa. The sofa was the only thing in the condo besides the bed, and Kyren already made up in his mind that he was gonna donate that as well. He stressed the fact that somebody out there needed it. "Yeah, we might as well." Kyren replied, still focused on his laptop.

"After you fucked my brains out on it?" Allure raised her eyebrow, Kyren looked over at her as he laughed a bit. "I did that on the bed too—it's alright." He replied, making Allure laugh.

"What you doing?" Allure asked, motioning toward his laptop. "Paperwork for my practice." Kyren replied as he slightly pushed his glasses up. His practice was coming along rather quickly, he already had a desired spot he wanted and was closely eyeing it.

"Oh...When you're free can you type me up a two weeks notice?" Allure questioned with a smile on her face, as her maternity leave time shortened she decided she wouldn't be back. Kyren looked over with his eyebrows knitted together, "You taking me up on my offer?" He questioned, Allure nodded her head yes.

"But look—listen to this idea I have." Allure instructed, she was kinda nervous to present her idea to him. Not that he wouldn't support her, she just hoped it sounded as good to him as it did to her. "I'm listening." Kyren spoke, he shut his laptop closed and put his attention on her.

"I wanna buy the spot next to Asear—and make it a children's boutique. Remember I was drawing up those sketches? I feel like mom's across the world will appreciate the originality and cuteness." Allure explained, Kyren stroked his beard as he listened. "And you know how he always talk about generational wealth? I know I can put Avi on payroll if she has a real role in the business. Her role can be modeling the clothes for my site and stuff—it's really a win win situation." She added.

"You alone or you and Maiya?" Kyren asked, "Me and Maiya—you know Howard offered us the space for a discounted price." Allure replied.

"You know I'm 10 toes down behind every idea you have, but can I make a suggestion?" Kyren replied, Allure nodded her head yes. "Get a few pieces manufactured first—see what reaction the pieces get. and when it's time to buy the building tell Howard you'll take the space, only if he gives you 3 months free rent—that'll give you enough time to promote and build clientele." He explained.

"Okay." Allure nodded her head, "I like it—my lil serial entrepreneur." Kyren spoke, playfully pinching Allure's cheek, causing her to smile.

"What you gone call it?" He questioned, Allure slightly bit down on her lip as she thought about it. "I'm not sure." She replied.

"You tell Maiya yet?" He asked as he opened his laptop again, "No—not yet, I think I'm gonna invite her to dinner and give her the proposal." Allure replied. A comfortable silence fell upon them, the only sound in the room was Kyren quickly typing. Allure looked at the baby monitor and slightly pouted, she couldn't wait until Avi woke up from her nap. It'd only been about 20 minutes and she already missed playing with her baby, although she was doing the playing and Avi was doing the watching.