SDWN 20

Jazmine Sullivan - Excuse Me

Allure positioned the candle on top of the 3 stack of fashion books before snapping a few pictures and a video, she removed the candle from the books and continued to choose which photos she wanted to put on the brand's Instagram story.

"This cute?" She questioned as she shoved her phone in Maiya's face, Maiya eyed the photo for a second before nodding her head yes. Allure added background music before adding it to the story.

"I won't be in the store tomorrow, I leave for Houston in the afternoon." Allure announced, Maiya looked at her friend with nervous eyes. "You ready?" She asked.

Allure shrugged, "I have no choice but to be now." As of now it was an out of sight out of mind kind of situation, she tried not to sit around and think about it but knowing she'd be in Houston within the next 24 hours made it hard not to think about.

"I should come just incase a ho try something." Maiya suggested, causing Allure to laugh. "Something like what bitch?" She asked.

"Bitch anything—I'm ready. You can't fight right now but I can." Maiya replied, speaking with her hands. "You got a picture of the lil boy?" She asked as she leaned over the display case. Allure grabbed her phone and went to her message thread with Doris.

"Hm." Maiya hummed as she looked at the picture, "You know who he look like?" She asked.

Allure furrowed her eyebrows together, "Who?" She was eager to know, because he didn't look like Kyren to her. Besides the eyes, she didn't see it.

"Daniel—his brother that stood behind Kendrick at the wedding." Maiya spoke, Allure looked at the picture again.

"I don't see that either." She announced, Kyren and Daniel didn't favor much anyway. "I just pray this damn girl is not my husband baby mama." Allure spoke as she adjusted herself in the chair.

When she wanted a good dose of baby mama drama, she tuned into a reality television show or opened up an urban fiction book. She didn't want that shit playing out in her everyday life. Where she couldn't turn off the TV or close the book. She felt like she had a nice thing going with Kyren, her relationship was damn near perfect despite a few minor flaws. She liked the way her little family was coming along, this wouldn't ruin it but it definitely wouldn't line up with her fairytale.

A customer came in, which cut their conversation short. Allure couldn't help but to smile at her daughter, she looked to be about 5 years old and she was dressed neatly in a private school uniform. Her hair was styled in two ponytails that were worn out from her day at school. Allure loved seeing babies in school clothes—it was so cute.

She stood beside her mother whilst her mother filled her small gold basket with Candles, Maiya and Allure made small talk with their customer as she shopped around. She ended up purchasing a few candles from both collections and their candle care kit. She wasn't in long before checking out and leaving the store, Allure made sure to give the baby a few pieces of candy as well.

"Bitch I'm nervous." Maiya announced, catching Allure off guard. "Why?" She questioned as she furrowed her eyebrows together.

Maiya let out a deep breath, "I'm having lunch with my daddy tomorrow." She announced, Allure's eyes widened. She knew Maiya had cut ties with her family before she even graduated high school, so she was happy to hear this

"That's nice Maiya." Allure replied in a sing song tone, when she was best friends with Maiya's older sister, she remembered Maiya being a major daddy's girl.

"Do you think you'll ever reconcile with your sister and mama?" Allure asked, she realized Maiya never brought them up. Allure knew her friend wasn't big on reconciliation, once you crossed that line with Maiya she forced you to stay there—and that was for anybody.