SDWN 16

J. Cole - She's Mine pt 2

Allure grabbed the mail that'd been sitting on the kitchen counter since this morning, before joining Kyren on the couch. His MacBook sat in his lap but his attention was focused on the TV, the live local news played, Allure chuckled a bit. She didn't know anybody her husband's age that watched the news so faithfully.

"You're such an old man." Allure jibbed as she opened her credit card bill for the month, not too bad. She thought to herself.

"I got stocks and shit Bae, I needa know what's going on in the world." Kyren replied, Allure nodded her head in agreement. "I'm finna jump in the shower." He announced before leaning over and kissing Allure's cheek. Allure moved on to the next white envelope, it had Kyren's name on it but she always opened his mail—he didn't mind.

Allure's eyebrows furrowed and her heart rate increased as she read who the piece of mail was from, she quickly opened it up and began to read. She threw her head back as she attempted to take deep breaths. "Kyren!" Allure wailed out, she held a scowl on her face as her chest moved up and down—she couldn't contain her anger, causing her to jump up from the couch and pace back and forth.

She wasn't expecting to end her night with a letter from the attorney general of Texas' child support division. Her whole body fell cold and her stomach began to ache.

"You good?" Kyren asked as he walked out the room, Allure sized him up before replying. "No nigga I'm not good! Look at this." She slammed the letter on his chest. Kyren's doe eyes widened as he skimmed through the letter.

"Is the baby yours Kyren?" Allure sighed as she took a seat in the bar stool, that question made her body feel limp. In a matter of seconds her world began to spin upside down.

"It's a possibility." Kyren scratched his neck, Allure ran her tongue over teeth as she sighed. She walked over to Kyren and snatched the white piece of paper out of his hand.

"Who the fuck is Nadirah Simmons?" Allure asked as she adjusted her weight to one leg, Kyren took a seat on the couch and began to rub his hand down his bronze face. "Hello nigga?! Who is she?" Allure screamed.

"Matter of fact, how old is the fuckin baby Kyren?" Allure asked, filling in his silence. She looked at the paper and realized it said the baby was 3, his name was Nasir Simmons.

"I was fuckin with Nadirah right before I met you, we weren't in a relationship together—it was actually me, her, and another girl and we'd fuck." Kyren explained.

Allure felt a jolt in her stomach, she cupped her hand over her mouth before running out to the balcony. She held onto the railing as she began to regurgitate. Kyren followed her and held her hair out of the way.

"Do not fuckin touch me!" Allure yelled as she wiped her mouth, the sight of Kyren made her sick. Her body felt weak, instinctively making her hold onto the railing.

"I haven't fucked anybody else since we got together Allure!" Kyren yelled, tears fell down Allure's face as she looked at him.

"Oh my God." Allure repeated as she shook her head, "Did you know about this?" She asked.

"No! I woulda told you if I did." Kyren stressed, what was once a romcom had quickly turned into a urban horror story. Allure was sick, the thought of this actually being Kyren's son made her knees weak.

"You need to get a DNA test, quickly." Allure spoke lowly as tears streamed down her face, "I will—but do you believe me? Do you think I've known about this all along?" He replied as he held Allure's face, she swatted his hand away before replying, "I don't know what to believe Kyren."