Chapter 27: Power surge

It was night time in Metropolis, and Livewire was attacking the power plant, as Supergirl was there to stop her.

Livewire: Give it up, Supergirl. Can't you see the spotlight belongs to me?

Supergirl: Then I guess I better cut the power!

She launched an air at her, but she was able to dodge it.

Supergirl: [to the workers] Are you guys okay? [gets zapped by Livewire]

As Livewire was about to attack Supergirl again, Supergirl threw a steel beam at her to crash her into the electrical equipment. Suddenly, she started to absorb the electricity, as she began to power up!

Livewire: Ooh!

Soon, she was supercharged!

Livewire: Ooh, am I amped up! [laughs boisterously] Ready for a power surge, Supergirl?!

She then shot herself into the air and blasted a huge jolt of electricity at Supergirl!

Supergirl: [screams]

Soon, the smoke cleared, and all that was left was a smoking crater.

Livewire: Whoa.

Later, at the base, our heroes were watching the devastating news.

News reporter: A grim scene here in Metropolis tonight...

Livewire: [cheering for herself] Whoo-hoo! Can you believe it? [laughs]

News reporter: ...as it appears, our own Superman Girl is no more.

Livewire: [grabs microphone] Best day ever! Yeah! Seriously, ladies and gents. Call me the Krytonian crusher, coz I just blasted Stupid-girl into oblivion! Whoo-hoo!

Tom: No way!

Jun: [sniffs] This can't be happening.

Zee: [sniffs] How will we go on without her?

Ben: This is terrible!

Jessica: It's like I can feel her spirit with us, even now.

Alex: Yeah.

That's when they heard a soda open, as they saw Supergirl sitting next to them all burnt.

Everyone: [hugs her] Supergirl!

Zee: Your'e alive!

Karen: You smell like fire!

Then Thunder started to lick her.

Thunder: [licking Kara] [grunts]

Kara: [laughs] Okay, okay Thunder, down boy!

Construction worker: [on TV] And there she was, , throwing turbine blades, crashing into stuff. Don't she know how expansive this power plant is?

Thunder: [growls at TV]

Supergirl: Can you believe I tried to save that jerk?

Diana: Of course you tried to save that jerk. You are Supergirl!

Tom: You did what was right!

Diana: Now, sisters and brothers. Let us go to the plant of power and correct this grievous misconception!

Everyone: Yeah!

Supergirl: No!

Ben: What?

Supergirl: So they think Supergirl bit the big one, right? Kicked the bucket? Six feet under? Snuffed out?

Diana: Oh, no. They think you are dead.

Supergirl: Well, goog, good. You know, 'cause every time Supergirl tries to help, all they see is chaos and destruction. They're better off without her and- You know what?! I am too!