Vol.15 Ch.7: Stratus Picked What!?

Dark Knight.

Yes, Dark Knight. That was Stratus' first pick. A pick that came out instantly, without any hesitation.

"H-Ha, haha. Hahaha!" Cato held his face as he laughed. "It seems like they've lost their minds."

"Yes, it does." Sonya nodded. "Either they've decided to throw the game and go full meme mode, or they... actually believe this can work? For their sakes, I hope it's the former because otherwise, I'd have to question their intelligence."

"Damn, girl!" Ronald exclaimed. "You just BURNED these poor guys alive, haha! But yeah, this is a crazy pick alright, not gonna lie. I love it!"

The bizarre pick caused a shockwave of whispers and laughs across the audience as well. Nobody expected Stratus to have the gall to pick Dark Knight on the competitive stage, especially not against the Leopards.

However, a select few found this par for the course.

"My, are they throwing the game?" Ellen tilted her head.

"Heh." Howard chuckled. "Do you really think they're throwing? These guys?"

"Naaaah, of course not. This gotta be one of Yuyu's crazy ideas, right?"

"Yeah, no doubt about it." Howard nodded. "Frankly, I'm really glad."

"Glad? How so?"

"Well, it looks like he's back to his usual crazy nonsense. His tactics were a little mellow against Taurus, so I thought he might've lost his edge."

"My, you were that worried about him?"

"Worried? Heh, yes, you could say so." Howard smiled meaningfully. His sharp eyes were locked on the stage like those of a hawk eying his prey. "I was a little worried he'll switch up his playstyle and won't be such an easy target the next time we play."

"My, you're such a villain, Wardy! That's why I love you~" Ellen threw herself at her husband, but the guy dodged the advance as if his life depended on it.

"Would you mind not clinging to me in public?"

"Oh c'mon, what's the problem? Nobody is looking~" Ellen rubbed her head against Howard's shoulder like a kitten seeking attention.

"Please, woman." Howard sighed and lightly pushed away the needy pet. "The entire team is watching."

"Oh?" Ellen blinked and examined the other rows.

Most of the club came here today to watch this interesting match, so there were many familiar faces around. And, right now, they were all directing their gazes in the couple's direction.

"Whew, whew!" Taison whistled. "Things are getting hot over there, yo!"

"Seriously." Gregory made a face. "Did you come here to watch a match or to flirt?

"Get a room you two, lol!" Roi laughed.

"I had no idea this was actually a group date!" Dan snickered. "Where are all the girls at, tho?"

"Oh, shut up, you all." Julia scowled. "I'm trying to watch the match."

"Of course, of course." Gregory rolled his eyes. "You can't miss your boyfriend in action, can you? Kek."

"Khaha!" Taison laughed. "Lars gonna get his ass whooped real bad again, I already see it!"

"Ugh..." Julia made a face. What did I do to deserve being stuck in the same club as these idiots? And, to think that I'll have to bear with their stupid faces for another year... God help me.