Vol.15 Ch.27: A Failed Proxy Farm?

"Here I am, " Cato announced his arrival in Mid. "It looks like they're still coming here after all, huh. Even though I dropped them such a nice hint that I'll be rotating over here..."

"It sounds like you just gave them free information," Matthew pointed out.

"True, true. Well, so be it. Let's just fend them off and stop their offense in its tracks."

"Alright."

They grouped up in the tower area and braced for impact. This was going to be a 2v3 situation, with one of the attackers being a Dark Knight who started snowballing. This was bound to be rough.

"What a drag." Matthew sighed. "Are you sure we don't need an extra pair of hands here?"

"My, do you have so little faith in our combined defense?" Cato blinked. "And you call yourself one of Esmeralda's disciples?"

"It's just that it'll be easier to defend with more people. I wouldn't have to think as hard."

"Stop loafing around, young man. This isn't one of your daily grind missions that you can play on auto-pilot. You have to pour your everything into this."

"I know..." Matthew sighed. Indeed, this was a boss stage that he couldn't put on auto-battle. And, life wasn't convenient enough to offer "skip tickets" either.

As such, there was no easy way out of this predicament. Matthew had no choice but to actually do some mental work here in order to ensure that his defense was top-notch.

"Though, maybe there's no need to think too hard about something so simple," Matthew said. "Basically, I just need to get rid of their minions, and then their push is a bust, right?"

"Yes, that would be ideal," Cato agreed. "But, I'm sure they won't let it be that easy."

Just as he said that, InformationBlackhole arrived on the lane first and positioned himself between Matthew and the incoming enemy wave.

"See? The Berserker is already playing goalkeeper."

This was a simple but effective method of shutting down Sorcerer's long-range spells.

Firing a Magia Orb with Repelling Force was the Sorcerer's best method for clearing minions from very far away. The setup was a little MP-hungry, but the amazing attack range it provided usually paid off and allowed the Sorcerer to outrange most Mages.

However, this setup had one glaring weakness. Repelling Force fired the Magia Orb in a straight line. It was like kicking a soccer ball without the ability to bend its course.

Furthermore, the Magia Orb itself was rather chunky. It was most likely designed in this way in order to make it easier to hit enemies with it. However, in this case, this feature played against the user.

To make this worse, the orb slowed down a little every time it hit an enemy. This wasn't a problem when the shot was directed straight at the enemy wave, as the orb was capable of reaching the bowmen in the back despite first ramming into the swordsmen.

But, what if the orb were to run into an enemy long before reaching the swordsmen? For example, into Blackhole who was standing over there like a goalkeeper, blocking Matthew's field of view.

With how chunky and straightforward the Magia Orb was, it would be impossible for Matthew to shoot this ball around this goalkeeper. The orb will crash straight into the enemy and slow down, barely reaching the enemy wave.

"What a drag." Matthew sighed. "Well, at least there's no similar way to block Dimensional, so I guess I'll just use that instead once the minions get closer."