Vol.18 Ch.17: Supreme Opponent

The situation was terrible. The enemy minions were charging straight at him, aiming to strike him down!

What's worse, Ben didn't have his shield available, so he absolutely couldn't allow the minions to maintain their aggro on him. So, as unfortunate as it was, he needed them to focus on the tower this time.

Thus, even after he reached the tower area, Ben continued running. He had to create as much distance as possible between himself and the minions, to make the little fellows lose their aggro on him. This was pretty much the exact opposite of what he worked so hard to achieve in the previous wave...

The truth is, the tower is way more important than me. Ben thought. But, I'm the only one who can defend it. So, I can't let Apprentece force me out of the lane, not this early.

So, there was no choice but to sacrifice some of the tower's HP in this round in order for Ben to be able to keep protecting it in future waves. It sounded almost paradoxical, but Ben knew that this was the recommended line of play.

As long as I'm here, I can at least help the Turret clear minions. But, if I leave the lane all alone...

That'd spell imminent doom for the tower. An Orc will be more than capable of finishing the tower off with one strong push, especially in the next wave once he unlocks his ult.

And so, Ben retreated to the back of the tower area, far enough to lose the minions' aggro. Then, once the minions shifted their attention to the tower, Ben came back to assault them.

As expected, Apprentece joined the push as well. Like before, he lashed at the tower with his scourge, delivering hefty damage with each strike.

Such confidence. Ben swallowed. I could only dream of playing boldly like this. Does he have no fear?

It was such a dangerous push, so many things could go wrong when playing boldly like this. And yet, Apprentece didn't care. He confidently pressed onward and struck the tower, disregarding any danger.

This time, I have to pull him for sure. Ben nodded to himself. But first, the minions.

He focused most of his fired basic attacks on the bowmen, as they were the main source of DPS for the minion squad. But unfortunately, taking them down took quite a while with Druid's weak basics.

If only I had a way to make the tower focus them over the swordsmen... Ben grumped as he continued doing his slow and steady work.

However, he couldn't concentrate all his fire only on the bowmen. He had to land last-hits on the swordsmen, too.

I'm already bleeding a lot of farm here, so I have to grab what I can. Such was Ben's conviction as he threw a big seed at the last swordsman, whose HP was reduced to almost nothing by the tower.

It was a successful last-hit, which granted Ben a bit of extra exp and gold. These were the kinds of opportunities he absolutely had to take since farming inside the tower area lowered the amounts of exp and gold he received from minions.

In addition, it also helped optimize the clearing speed. After all, was a waste to let the tower waste an entire shot on a nearly-dead minion. The big, damaging bolts were best reserved for healthy minions.

So, after Ben took out the dying swordsman, the tower focused on the bowmen next. The end of this push was nigh.

And yet, he's still here. Ben glanced at Apprentece, who didn't seem to have a single care in the world.

BAM! The tower eliminated a bowman in one fell swoop. Only two more remained in the area and they weren't long for this world, either. And yet, Apprentece was still here, whipping the Turret as if it was the most natural thing in the world to do.